Facts, Not Fiction

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    I would phrase it a little differently: IF Van Niekerk has recovered from his injury he might be ready to push Norman.
    Good point. I was kinda-sorta referring to the WR. But either way fireworks are in the forecast!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

2. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    19.70!

Norman beats Lyles (19.72)!
    Wow, Norman should run the 100m .

3. Collapse Details

I think Lyles lost it by not running the first 110 hard enough. When he comes off that bend a meter ahead the result will be much different.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    I think Lyles lost it by not running the first 110 hard enough. .....
    that's cuz he didn't know he was running a 220 :-)

5. Collapse Details

Lyles would beat Norman every time over 100m. Question is if he runs harder on the first 100m of a 200m race does Lyles still have the closing speed he showed in Rome?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jc203 View Post
    Lyles would beat Norman every time over 100m. Question is if he runs harder on the first 100m of a 200m race does Lyles still have the closing speed he showed in Rome?
    Interesting point. For Lyles to win in a race like that may require SE height not reached to-date.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jc203 View Post
    and Norman would beat Lyles every time over 400.... which makes the 200 a wondrous meeting ground

8. Collapse Details

I wonder how fast Noah Lyles could run the 400. I doubt he wants to find out.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    And Bondarenko is back! A big clearance at 2.31.
    Good to see! I thought he looked slightly heavier than he did in 2014. But he looked fast and smooth on 2.31. Hope he can back up to 2.40.
    Can't say the standard is very good in the HJ right now. Almost in the middle of June and nobody higher than 2.31.

10. Collapse Details

I'm 'glad' DAS got beaten here, as it was a good reminder that she cant take her wins for granted. I know she wont, she has her head screwed on, but it's now very clear, if it wasn't before last night, that its a long way to go and Thompson has the pedigree to get back on top.

Apparently Thompson is only using the 200 as a sharpener for the 100? In which case, with the likelihood that SMU will focus just on the 400 (because the timetable makes it difficult to do both) we may see a watered down 200m this year as we did in 2017 when neither Bowie nor Thompson ran it in London.

Good news for DAS, Schippers, Ta Lou and others, but a shame. Now, getting a BYE for the 100 in Doha, will that make any difference to whether Bowie chooses to double (or triple) in Doha, or will she just defend her 100 title? I also have a feeling Schippers will work herself into form come Doha.

On Lyles v Norman, wow, what a race. Who was the 100/200 guy and who was the 200/400 guy again? LOL The fact that Norman went out the fastest of anyone explains why he was getting run down by Lyles at the end. We know Lyles finishes quick, but he was eating up the ground on Norman in the last 50m. It illustrates how, if you blast the first 50m as hard as you can in the 200, it doesn't matter how strong you are, someone with their effort spread more evenly can (nearly!) run you down in the last 50m. It obviously worked well this time for Norman, but will Lyles let that happen again (if he is able!).