Facts, Not Fiction

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    47.85 under this conditions? People might underrate Warholm, but he is scary good!
    Yes, he's in great shape and he is smart too. Instead of warming up out in the rain he did his whole warm-up routine in an indoor parking lot. He just came out on the track 5 mins before start.
    You are right about meets in Scandinavia in May. That's asking for trouble. Stockholm is on the 60th parallel!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    DAS looked brilliant in that w200! If she stays healthy, I can see her getting that 100/200 double in Doha. I'd love to see her produce a 10.7x/21.7x combo there.
    Agreed. Do we know what event SMU is running in Doha?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
    Her nick name should be DASH!
    She is often known as Dasher on a British message board I sometimes frequent.

4. Collapse Details

We've all known DAS has been the real deal for a while, and if bursting onto the senior scene with that great NR in Beijing back in 2015 wasn't enough, it had to be her London 4th place in 22.22 after breaking her foot in the February that really was amazing. That blew me away.

She's started this season where she left off in 2018, and is currently head and shoulders above eveyeine else over 200 - though I'm keen to see what SMU opens with.

However...it's 4 months until Doha. I've absolutely no doubt she can hold her form at the least, and most likely be under 22 secs, but it also means plenty of time for her competitors to round into form. Remember Oslo 2016 when Thompson ran just 22.6 (behind Schippers 21.9) and a couple of months later was winning the Olympic title in 21.7? Thompson can magic form out of nowhere. I think the question is more which event/s she runs. She surely must want the 100m crown but will she double? If she is on the start line, we know she'll be in form.

On Schippers, one of the Dutch contingent was saying on Twitter that apparently Dafne took an age to recover from that fall she had down some stairs this winter. She only recently started some specific training. He may be biased but at the moment he said there aren't any alarm bells in her camp as Benemma has his plan. Still, it has to be a bit demoralising to lose by that margin. However, she did take 2/10ths off her run the other week, and also beat women who have run 22.5 already this season.

weve not seen Bowie yet (unless she's done a relay somewhere?) so she may well be in superb form. I'm inclined to think the w200m in Doha will be missing SMU and at least one other, so I think Schippers will benefit from that.
    Last edited by Gabriella2; 05-31-2019 at 09:17 AM.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    She is often known as Dasher on a British message board I sometimes frequent.
    Dasher the Comet will be Blitzen the field in Doha.

6. Collapse Details

Miller-Uibo could be the Prancer in front of both of them.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella2 View Post
    We've all known DAS has been the real deal for a while, and if bursting onto the senior scene with that great NR in Beijing back in 2015 wasn't enough, it had to be her London 4th place in 22.22 after breaking her foot in the February that really was amazing. That blew me away.

She's started this season where she left off in 2018, and is currently head and shoulders above eveyeine else over 200 - though I'm keen to see what SMU opens with.

However...it's 4 months until Doha. I've absolutely no doubt she can hold her form at the least, and most likely be under 22 secs, but it also means plenty of time for her competitors to round into form. Remember Oslo 2016 when Thompson ran just 22.6 (behind Schippers 21.9) and a couple of months later was winning the Olympic title in 21.7? Thompson can magic form out of nowhere. I think the question is more which event/s she runs. She surely must want the 100m crown but will she double? If she is on the start line, we know she'll be in form.

On Schippers, one of the Dutch contingent was saying on Twitter that apparently Dafne took an age to recover from that fall she had down some stairs this winter. She only recently started some specific training. He may be biased but at the moment he said there aren't any alarm bells in her camp as Benemma has his plan. Still, it has to be a bit demoralising to lose by that margin. However, she did take 2/10ths off her run the other week, and also beat women who have run 22.5 already this season.

weve not seen Bowie yet (unless she's done a relay somewhere?) so she may well be in superb form. I'm inclined to think the w200m in Doha will be missing SMU and at least one other, so I think Schippers will benefit from that.
    Well said.

I would put three bullets to her performance:

* It is the first marker that others can shoot for but it wasn't crazy fast - she can and has gone faster.

* It is very early in a very long season which allows her top competitors (those that you listed plus anyone who comes out of the woods) to peak when it is most important.

* We are coming off a non-championship year which means we have less info on old and new competitors. We should have a much better idea by July 1 as to who are the true contenders and who aren't.
    Last edited by booond; 05-31-2019 at 02:39 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Well said.

I would put three bullets to her performance:

* It is the first marker that others can shoot for but it wasn't crazy fast - she can and has gone faster.

Given the temperature it was probably 0.20 slower than in ideal weather. ET was 0.22 slower than her previous race.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Given the temperature it was probably 0.20 slower than in ideal weather. ET was 0.22 slower than her previous race.
    There was also a solid breeze at her back... not arguing but that might nullify any potential gains due to temp. Either way, great race for her and a race that allows for questions about her opponents.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    There was also a solid breeze at her back... not arguing but that might nullify any potential gains due to temp. Either way, great race for her and a race that allows for questions about her opponents.
    That 1.3 breeze was good for 0.10. ET had -0.2 in Nanjing so she went from about 22.39 to 22.76 in one race. Could be the temperature.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 05-31-2019 at 04:06 PM.