Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

What's the wind like today? I haven't been watching the stream today but yesterday there was often quite a gust blowing. The javelin in the wind depending on the way its going might be a bit hit or miss.

2. Collapse Details

Caro Kluft's European record form Osaka Worlds may go down today!

3. Collapse Details

After 5 events she's 112 up on her best career score. It will be hard for her to maintain that, but e.g. a 56 meter throw and 2:16 800 would give her 7051.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

I wonder if Thiam could break into JJK's 6 top 7000+ scores? the lowest of the 6 is 7044 which seems within her, after that it jumps up to 7128. The ER is 7032 so if she manages to break that also breaking 7044 isn't that far away.

5. Collapse Details

https://twitter.com/philippevw/statu...60109187194880

Seems there is some strapping on Thiam's elbow like in Rio. Hopefully just precaution. Whatever she gets in the Javelin its been a wonderful performance so far so far, anything 6900+ out be incredible.

Edit: 44.33m in the first round, so seems maybe there is more of an issue with the elbow than just having it strapped for precaution.

47.25m for her second throw.
    Last edited by dinamo; 06-23-2019 at 12:33 PM.

6. Collapse Details

https://twitter.com/philippevw/statu...73563298070528

Seems that might possibly be it for Nafi today. Hopefully she can comes out and do the 800m because there is still a good score to be had here. But the priority should obviously be her body and being ready for Rio. shame that she seems to have picked up another injury so soon after rehabbing her leg injury.

7. Collapse Details

Still a pretty decent 2 days work from Thiam. Scores 6819 for her second highest score ever. The Javelin had its issues due to whatever has happened with her elbow but even then 47m is something most other heptathletes would be pretty happy with.

Hopefully the elbow isn't too serious and she can be fighting fit for Doha.

NR from Xenia Krizsan who was having a great meet setting pb's left and right.

Does anyone know what exactly Mayer was doing in Talence? Was it meant to be like competitive training or something? Does he have some kind of injury and he was just protecting it by not doing certain events?
    Last edited by dinamo; 06-23-2019 at 02:52 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dinamo View Post
    Does anyone know what exactly Mayer was doing in Talence? Was it meant to be like competitive training or something? Does he have some kind of injury and he was just protecting it by not doing certain events?
    I think you got that right.

I’m in the build-up for the Doha World Championships. It would be stupid to get injured at this moment of the season,” said Mayer, who has been struggling with a painful knee for some months. “The context this year is well different than it was in September last year. I want to win a medal in Doha and my body is not able to support more than one decathlon in a year.

9. Collapse Details

Seems like Canadian Pierce LePage is headed toward a biggish score. And ZZ with a decent one as well.

10. Collapse Details

8453 for LePage. That's a huge PB for him.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...