Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    60,197
    Outsports takes issue with the video.

    story now posted to home page
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,851
    That whole movement is so eager to pounce on anyone who doesn't toe the line - EVERY LAST BIT OF IT WITH NO COMPROMISE - that they are going to eat themselves alive, and in fact have been doing so for quite some time. Symmonds is an ally to them, but in this one area (athletics) he doesn't quite conform, so, burn him!!!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Outsports takes issue with the video.

    story now posted to home page
    The article seemed to make a straw man that Symmonds didn't erect, and then bash it to pieces. It is appropriate and necessary to address the issues of xx/xy and testosterone issues without being accused of sexism, racism, or other -isms. As has been pointed out on various T&FN threads, Semenya has done nothing wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that her xy and natural testosterone levels put her, and others, in no-woman's land.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Posts
    6,489
    Quote Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
    I don't see how it can be anything close to 1.7%.
    I'm with you, I found the 1.7% number nothing less than preposterous. It seems that there are is some overlap between medical clinical studies and gender advocacy.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui
    Posts
    6,376
    Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    I'm with you, I found the 1.7% number nothing less than preposterous. It seems that there are is some overlap between medical clinical studies and gender advocacy.
    I think there is a whole lot of overlapping comi g from the advocacy side.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    The article seemed to make a straw man that Symmonds didn't erect, and then bash it to pieces. It is appropriate and necessary to address the issues of xx/xy and testosterone issues without being accused of sexism, racism, or other -isms. As has been pointed out on various T&FN threads, Semenya has done nothing wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that her xy and natural testosterone levels put her, and others, in no-woman's land.
    The writer is not worth the time of day. She uses dramatic language to describe the consequences to intersex athletes of not being able to compete, and hasn't a damn thing to say about how losing every time out, race after race after race, impacts the massive majority of competitors whose presence in sport is being addressed and protected by these rules. That kind of unbalanced, heavily biased reporting is worthy of the national enquirer.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 05-24-2019 at 03:22 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •