Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Outsports takes issue with the video.

story now posted to home page

2. Collapse Details

That whole movement is so eager to pounce on anyone who doesn't toe the line - EVERY LAST BIT OF IT WITH NO COMPROMISE - that they are going to eat themselves alive, and in fact have been doing so for quite some time. Symmonds is an ally to them, but in this one area (athletics) he doesn't quite conform, so, burn him!!!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Outsports takes issue with the video.

story now posted to home page
    The article seemed to make a straw man that Symmonds didn't erect, and then bash it to pieces. It is appropriate and necessary to address the issues of xx/xy and testosterone issues without being accused of sexism, racism, or other -isms. As has been pointed out on various T&FN threads, Semenya has done nothing wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that her xy and natural testosterone levels put her, and others, in no-woman's land.

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
    I don't see how it can be anything close to 1.7%.
    I'm with you, I found the 1.7% number nothing less than preposterous. It seems that there are is some overlap between medical clinical studies and gender advocacy.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    I'm with you, I found the 1.7% number nothing less than preposterous. It seems that there are is some overlap between medical clinical studies and gender advocacy.
    I think there is a whole lot of overlapping comi g from the advocacy side.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    The article seemed to make a straw man that Symmonds didn't erect, and then bash it to pieces. It is appropriate and necessary to address the issues of xx/xy and testosterone issues without being accused of sexism, racism, or other -isms. As has been pointed out on various T&FN threads, Semenya has done nothing wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that her xy and natural testosterone levels put her, and others, in no-woman's land.
    The writer is not worth the time of day. She uses dramatic language to describe the consequences to intersex athletes of not being able to compete, and hasn't a damn thing to say about how losing every time out, race after race after race, impacts the massive majority of competitors whose presence in sport is being addressed and protected by these rules. That kind of unbalanced, heavily biased reporting is worthy of the national enquirer.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 05-24-2019 at 03:22 AM.