Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by bad hammy View Post
    Or the NBA and NFL??
    Has there ever been a positive drug test in the NBA? Probably but I don't recall it. Boggles the imagination.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Has there ever been a positive drug test in the NBA? Probably but I don't recall it. Boggles the imagination.
    Didn't the NBA have a bad rep for recreational drug use among players about 40 years ago?
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right next to a Gator filled pond
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Has there ever been a positive drug test in the NBA? Probably but I don't recall it. Boggles the imagination.
    The NBA has had positive PED tests in the past. Not a lot of them but they're there.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right next to a Gator filled pond
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    Didn't the NBA have a bad rep for recreational drug use among players about 40 years ago?
    If 40 years ago puts us in the 1980's 3 of the 4 major sports leagues in the US had recreational drug issues at that time.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    If 40 years ago puts us in the 1980's 3 of the 4 major sports leagues in the US had recreational drug issues at that time.
    And none of them seemed to care about PED use, although surely some athletes were using PEDs.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    The NBA has had positive PED tests in the past. Not a lot of them but they're there.
    Here is the list of people banned or suspended by the NBA. It includes all the cases, but you can look at the "reason" column to see which ones got banned / suspended for drug.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ded_by_the_NBA
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui
    Posts
    6,592
    Why Nick Willis doesn't reflect on "what if"

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/athletics...ectid=12224500
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui
    Posts
    6,592
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    That much I agree with but wasn't the issue in play.
    Disagree. Drug testing was, and remains, the issue with the NCAA.

    IMO the IAAF should insist that any NCAA TNF athlete can be drug tested in the same way as any athlete competing in any other country. And if athlete, school or NCAA refuse to allow it, then the athlete, school and NCAA should be banned by the IAAF.

    I doubt it is a huge problem with TNF athletes, but I imagine PEDs is rife in football and basketball as it has been shown time and time again that those two sports in the NCAA will do anything to improve their teams.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right next to a Gator filled pond
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    Disagree. Drug testing was, and remains, the issue with the NCAA.

    IMO the IAAF should insist that any NCAA TNF athlete can be drug tested in the same way as any athlete competing in any other country. And if athlete, school or NCAA refuse to allow it, then the athlete, school and NCAA should be banned by the IAAF.

    I doubt it is a huge problem with TNF athletes, but I imagine PEDs is rife in football and basketball as it has been shown time and time again that those two sports in the NCAA will do anything to improve their teams.
    We've been down this road before and, again, you don't understand the process. It's best left dropped.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Posts
    11,480
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •