Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JumboElliott View Post
    I can name three reasons
    1. Mt. SAC is a very fast track,
    This year's meet wasn't actually run at Mt. SAC. It was held at El Camino College while Mt. SAC's stadium is under construction. Looking at the times run in other events, it certainly doesn't seem to be an abnormally fast track.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    This year's meet wasn't actually run at Mt. SAC. It was held at El Camino College while Mt. SAC's stadium is under construction. Looking at the times run in other events, it certainly doesn't seem to be an abnormally fast track.
    It is a typical junior college track with a cross wind likely blowing. No credit given to this mark being "facility" aided. No cross wind, warmer temps, great competition = sub 43!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Spinners are infamous for getting off one outlier throw.
    My impression is that for the world's top throwers that's no longer the case. They have somehow learned to be much more consistent with the spin than they were even 10-15 years ago.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

Let's get one thing straight - no way is Rudisha's record going down this year, by Brazier or anyone else. Same goes for both of Bolt's records. Crouser, Echeverria and Norman have the best shot, then Samba/Benjamin. I hope WVN returns to full strength, then we'll see a race to beat 43.03. After Rio, I didn't think that record would be threatened for 10+ years.

5. Collapse Details

Crouser already has the world record as far as I am concerned. I don't trust any of those other marks. Sorry if that is controversial.

Mondo is 12cm away from the World Record. You have to go back to when he was in elementary school to find a year when he didn't PR by that margin in a year. He is just getting on bigger and bigger poles, while getting faster and stronger.

6. Collapse Details

I was forgetting Sidney McLaughlin... she was already capable of breaking the w400hs record last year, and her two relays were quite good for April. She is due to face Naser in Shanghai 400m (flat) and I don't know if her focus this year will be flat or hurdles but I wouldn't discount her.

7. Collapse Details

Mondo's 6.05m jump looked very very close to the world record.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Mondo's 6.05m jump looked very very close to the world record.
    I agree. I’d have loved to have seen the Russian kid make 6.05 at the European championships last year in order to see Mondo’s response.

9. Collapse Details

How about including Juan-Miguel Echevarria in this conversation?

He looks good for bethering that 8.95 from 1991!

10. Collapse Details

Sorry, sasuke had already mentionned that.