Facts, Not Fiction

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    So....all you coaches and training guru’s who are way smarter than me about this kinda stuff.

Ato Bolden responded to a tweet, and basically said that Quincy Watts told him a month ago to expect Norman to open in 43. (Guess he could tell based on workouts, etc.) So clearly they knew where their training program had him and were ok with that.

Thoughts on Norman running so fast so early?

A time this fast so early in the season is obviously unprecedented. Any concerns on him still running his fastest later in the Yr. Continuing to build off of this...?

Are reasonable and even soft projections of him running sub 43 by the end of the season (health permitting) crazy?
    I'm no training guru, but with proper periodization, methinks a fast time now can "easily" be duplicated a long 5-odd months from now. That's like a whole new season.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    I'm no training guru, but with proper periodization, methinks a fast time now can "easily" be duplicated a long 5-odd months from now. That's like a whole new season.
    Gotcha. So it’s almost like he go thru another “cycle” in his training program. As opposed to a “constant build” from this point in his season??
    If that makes sense.

3. Collapse Details

Former Resident Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    Gotcha. So it’s almost like he go thru another “cycle” in his training program. As opposed to a “constant build” from this point in his season??
    If that makes sense.
    Correct. I train for 2 peaks per year. They are 4 months apart. There are a bunch of periodization methods in modern training - linear, reverse, block, and undulating. So there are lots of ways to structure your year(s) for optimal performance.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    That was a year in which MJ had some injury troubles (hamstring?) and had to nurse his way somewhat to the World title in Athens.
    MJ was injured during the Bailey-Johnson 150m showdown in Toronto.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    MJ was injured during the Bailey-Johnson 150m showdown in Toronto.
    I think after that was also the first time they created the WC bye since Johnson was injured and couldn't run at Trials, but was the defending world champion.

6. Collapse Details

What is his next race?

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    probably the Osaka 200

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post

What's also more impressive is Benjamin knocking a huge chunk off his PB. Samba vs Benjamin has to be one of the most anticipated match ups this year, if not THE most.
    To me, what Benjamin did was even scarier than Norman's performance.

9. Collapse Details

Last year after MN and RB put up some pretty darn good marks at NCAA (I think) I said they had just scratched the surface...I stand by that...you ain't seen nuthin' yet!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Last year after MN and RB put up some pretty darn good marks at NCAA (I think) I said they had just scratched the surface...I stand by that...you ain't seen nuthin' yet!!
    Ha...scratched the surface! With the rate of force that these gentlemen are delivering, who needs a performance facility with less force reduction?