Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    please tell me this isn't the future of of our sport
    Administrator
    https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...games-in-minsk

(where was the backwards triple jump?)

2. Collapse Details

I totally agree gh. I had set the TV to record the three sessions shown here in NZ overnight on Sky TV. I fast forwarded through the first and deleted the rest. Bit of a yawn fest I'm afraid. The only question I had was whether the Russian athletes competing all cleared to compete internationally?

3. Collapse Details

Different, innovative, entertaining...Must see Track and Field. Add cheerleaders, marching band, and Brats and Beer and the stadiums will fill faster than you can say Bolt!

4. Collapse Details

*shudders*

5. Collapse Details

Maybe this is the equivalent of "trying it out in Peoria"

6. Collapse Details

These games, which I didn't get or wanted to watch, are not organized by the IAAF so Russia could send whoever they wanted. BUT, they decided to choose only authorized athletes so that the IAAF couldn't punish them for their behaviour in other ways.

7. Collapse Details

I don't see whats so bad about this, it could be fun to watch. Obviously, mixed gender relays are dumb (and mixed distance relays for that matter)

8. Collapse Details

The relays are fine with me. It's the HJ that's the biggest farce by far. In the last group Hansen of Denmark 'won' the competition against world-class guys, including Bondarenko, with a highest clearance of 1.94.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    The relays are fine with me. It's the HJ that's the biggest farce by far. In the last group Hansen of Denmark 'won' the competition against world-class guys, including Bondarenko, with a highest clearance of 1.94.
    I agree there entirely Powell, but one person who actually does like the new format is Bondarenko himself...mind you he does say he has had to reduce the number of attempts he takes in "regular" competitions too since his injury.

To highlight the ridiculousness, however, the Dane's clearance was a PB! (This just after Klausen set an NR of 2.28 btw.)

What about the JT? Khaladovich finished behind the Irishwoman, who barely managed 40!

10. Collapse Details

Innovation is sometimes good. Some elements of innovation are better than others. It looks to me as if these field event innovations are not ready for prime time.