Facts, Not Fiction

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    Even irrational position in a debate is tolerable as long as the debate is civilized. When they start calling you names, questioning your ethics/morality is the time when I leave the room.
    And that seems to be a tactic often repeated. It never works.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    Even irrational position in a debate is tolerable as long as the debate is civilized. When they start calling you names, questioning your ethics/morality is the time when I leave the room.
    That's true. But you can't deny there has been a lot of hating on Semenya all over the internet, too, even on these boards (and I have seen a lot worse elsewhere).
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

I'm nowhere being any type of expert on this. This is the first time I've heard the word "intersex." But, I will say two things on both sides of the equation.

I never thought I would see a day where an athlete, whose testosterone levels are naturally higher, would have to take body, and possibly health-altering medication in order to bring that athlete down to "fair competition."

On the other hand, that 1:54.98 to start the season....."DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!"

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    That's true. But you can't deny there has been a lot of hating on Semenya all over the internet, too, even on these boards (and I have seen a lot worse elsewhere).
    Yes, clearly. Rude behaviour is not in short supply.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

6. Collapse Details

So I guess Semenya plans to appeal the ruling somehow, saying she's not taking drugs and not running the 5000.

Just listened to a BBC interview, and the British professor was talking about how it was unfair because this is Semenya's "life project." So irrelevant. The life projects of Melissa Bishop and Joanna Jozwik were certainly affected, and others would be going forward.

Semenya is targeted because no one else racing is so visibly in a different category than the other women.

7. Collapse Details

The dystopian novel author in the back of my brain prognosticates that if the CAS had totally struck down the IAAF DSD rule, or if it's totally struck down on appeal by the Swiss court, an authoritarian country would instruct its scientists to come up with drugs that regulate the hormonal profile in pregnant women to induce intersex conditions in male fetuses so they'll dominate women's events at the Olympics 18-25 years later.
    Last edited by 18.99s; 05-04-2019 at 01:43 AM.

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Track probably won't even be an Olympic sport anyone cares about in 25 years....

9. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Being lectured by self proclaimed moral authorities that biological men have a right to compete against biological females for female awards. Friends, that is chutspah and proof that we are already living in chapter 3 of the dystopian novel.

10. Collapse Details

Semanya can be as indignant as he likes but from my understanding of the evidence, he an adult male competing against females.