Facts, Not Fiction

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella2
    If you really think this is only about 'biology' and 'sport' then you are extremely na´ve.
    It is just that to me and to quite a few people in my circles that share my view on the subject.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    It is just that to me and to quite a few people in my circles that share my view on the subject.
    I agree.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    I agree.
    I agree.

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

She's being "targeted" because she was found to have sky-high, male testosterone levels. Presumably other women are not being targeted--say, Emma Coburn, for example--because they do not have sky-high, male testosterone levels. I would hope if some steepler runs 8:45 this year and is found to have sky-high, male testosterone levels, or some high jumper jumps 6-9 and is found to have sky-high, male testosterone levels, that the IAAF will "target" them as well. That should be our expectation.
    Since the new rule applies to only 400m to mile, Semenya could still enter steeple and run 8:45, if she is good at clearing the barriers. After all, Chepkoech ran a second faster last year, and since the even is still young I expect many people to threaten that record in the coming years.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Back at you genius... welcome to the 21st century.
    So sorry things are so complex for you ������
    Nothing you've said on this thread is complex, science based or even factual. Just an appeal to emotions. Sorry life decisions are NOT determined by people's feelings on an issue.
    Last edited by mungo man; 05-02-2019 at 07:47 PM.

7. Collapse Details

She's being "targeted" because she was found to have sky-high, male testosterone levels. Presumably other women are not being targeted--say, Emma Coburn, for example--because they do not have sky-high, male testosterone levels. I would hope if some steepler runs 8:45 this year and is found to have sky-high, male testosterone levels, or some high jumper jumps 6-9 and is found to have sky-high, male testosterone levels, that the IAAF will "target" them as well. That should be our expectation.
    In other words, her natural testosterone levels are well beyond the IAAF's 4:1 T/E limit, yes? Or am I missing something else here?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    It's a poor analogy because everybody has a period of time when they are eligible for the World Under 20s.
    The point is that all Sporting Organizations have categories. If you do not fit in one category, you can still compete in another category.

By the same token, semenya can still compete. She is not banned.

9. Collapse Details

Its important to note that the rule only applies to those with XY chromosome. So high testosterone by itself will not disqualify an athlete.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Reading and comprehension clearly isn't your strong suit...
    It is obvious that the powers that be want to block this woman from competing against ladies using 20th century solutions for a 21st century problem.
    Thanks Professor. Ad hominem attacks and ludicrous exaggeration are yours. Oh - and grammar. Lol.