Birkenhead (AUS) 19.79
    Jeuschede (GER) 18.39
    Ballantyine (NZL) 18.38
    Harvey (AUS) 17.40
    Cowie (AUS) 17.08

Walsh with another impressively consistent series:
    21.76m 21.46m 21.91m 21.45m 21.76m 21.46m

2. Collapse Details

Encouraging to see a PB for Jacko Gill in Brno (Czech Republic) - 21.13m. First result I've seen for him since the Oceania Champs so hopefully more to come.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nztrackfan View Post
    Encouraging to see a PB for Jacko Gill in Brno (Czech Republic) - 21.13m. First result I've seen for him since the Oceania Champs so hopefully more to come.
    Yes, it's only an extra 12cm but there's hope that there's more to come especially given his steady progress this year:

His new PB only puts him at =68th best throw on the NZ alltime list. Who would have predicted that 6-7 years ago?

4. Collapse Details

Thum (Germany), 30.8.291
    Men
    SP 1 Tom Walsh (nzl) 22.15 (22.15; 21.81; x; 21.49; 21.34; 21.64); 2 Jacko Gill (nzl) 21.21

Another 22 meter throw for Tom Walsh and Jacko Gill with another improvement on his PB.

5. Collapse Details

Would love to see Jacko continue to improve. I sometimes forget that he made an Olympic final at a pretty young age and light weight. If he can get healthy and pack on some pounds - there are great things to come. 21.21 is a serious toss.

6. Collapse Details

Any word on Valerie Adams? I see from above she had a child just last March, so I'm not expecting her to be in medal shape. But maybe for Tokyo.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fortius19 View Post
    Any word on Valerie Adams? I see from above she had a child just last March, so I'm not expecting her to be in medal shape. But maybe for Tokyo.
    She hasn't competed at all this year, but I believe she does plan to go for Tokyo. This was posted in the headline section of the front page here earlier this year:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12248434

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    Would love to see Jacko continue to improve. I sometimes forget that he made an Olympic final at a pretty young age and light weight. If he can get healthy and pack on some pounds - there are great things to come. 21.21 is a serious toss.
    Just 13cm to go to reach what this old fart still considers the base line for a serious put.