Facts, Not Fiction

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by trackstar View Post
    The baton that should have been handed off was from the late Lam Jones. I truly believe Boling's 4x4 relay anchor will now sit side-by-side for legendary status with the leg Jones ran at the same meet in 1976.

I asked Boling if he knew who Jones was. He said no. I told him he might want to read up on him, because he'll be hearing comparisons for a long time to come.
    Trackstar , you operate from the stratosphere!.. that observation is solid track fan gold!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Totally different athletes.
    Wrong. They both have 2 legs and curly hair.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    That's a tall order, even for a wunderkind. Making the relay pool would be cool!
    What would he have to do to participate, I have no idea? Is there some standard he would have to meet?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
    What would he have to do to participate, I have no idea? Is there some standard he would have to meet?
    He would have to run at the USATF Championships in Des Moines in late July and place high enough to earn consideration.

http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calend...rocedures.aspx

Relays

For the men’s and women’s 4x100 meter and 4x400 meter relays, up to six (6) athletes may be entered as members of each relay pool. The four (4) athletes (including the alternate) entered in the respective individual events (100m and 400m) are required by IAAF rules to be included in each pool. For each relay pool, in addition to the four athletes listed above, there will be two (2) athletes selected. Selection of the two additional athletes will be done by the USATF Head Relay Coach, in consultation and cooperation with the respective 2019 World Championships Head Coach or his/her designee, USATF’s Chief of Sport Performance, and one non-competing athlete selected by USATF’s Athletes Advisory Committee who has World Championship and/or Olympic experience in the 4x100m or 4x400m relays.
    Mixed Relay

For the 4 x400 meter mixed relay pool, two (2) additional male and two (2) additional female athletes will be selected. Selection of the four additional athletes will be done by the USATF Head Relay Coach, in consultation and cooperation with the respective 2019 World Championships Head Coach or his/her designee, USATF’s Chief of Sport Performance, and one non-competing athlete selected by USATF’s Athletes Advisory Committee who has World Championship and/or Olympic experience in the relays.

In order to be eligible for the relay pool, an athlete must compete in the Selection Event, except in emergency situations where a waiver, based on medical or exceptional circumstances, may be given by USATF, in its sole discretion.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Mixed Relay
    I forget about that. This being the JV team (I assume we won't use REAL 4x4 members), Boling can at least make that team! Great experience-booster.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Totally different athletes.
    How do you mean that?????

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I forget about that. This being the JV team (I assume we won't use REAL 4x4 members), Boling can at least make that team! Great experience-booster.
    It will hardly be a JV team. The U.S. has enough depth to put plenty of top-class 400 people out there. A 45.5 open person will struggle to make it, I think.

8. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    How do you mean that?????
    There was nothing like El Caballo, his stride was unmatched , his physical size and strength were very rare. We still have not seen anything like him since. He should own the 600m WR record but never took a stab at it in his prime. The closest thing to JT in my mind was Edwin Moses and there is now way Edwin could match JTs 400 and 800 prs. If course I doubt JT could have run a 10.25 in 1976.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    That stride reminds me a bit of Juantorena, he's a bit shorter ( I read 6-2 to Juanto's 6-3 ) but extremely powerful.
    His stride and posture are a bit reminiscent of Juantorena. But Juantorena was much more powerfully built. Of course, Boling will probably fill out in the coming years.

10. Collapse Details

It was seeing trackstar's 100 video and watching Boling gallop away from the field from 50 meters on when I thought "Hmmm... a bit like Alberto." And then there's the curly hair too. And all those fast twitch fibres. Hey it's fun to watch a kid this gifted and be reminded of who I was watching when I was Boling's age!