Facts, Not Fiction

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I do think the decathlon would suit his talents better than player's suggestion of the hammer.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    We know what you are trying to say, we get the veiled hint, I see that you mention the 100, 400 and LJ and what would those be?.. yes, they are 30% of the decathlon. And shortly someone will chime in and say that he already has a 6-6 HJ PR from when he was a 16 year old and that makes 40% of a decathlon. Now we went from 30% to 40% in less than two sentences and that tells me that you recognize that we have ourselves a fantastic NCAA champion in the decathlete here. Friends, I couldnt have said it better myself!
    Atticus had a very good decathlete in his high school group; he knows what he is talking about and he has not been one pushing the Deca-button real hard...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Atticus had a very good decathlete in his high school group; he knows what he is talking about and he has not been one pushing the Deca-button real hard...
    MB has way to much up-side in the events he already does, to consider adding in all the other events to see IF he would make a great decathlete.
    My boy was a jumper (all 4) in HS, but as I've said before, he was an athletic savant and could pick up any event quickly and be good at it. At 6-3/200 and naturally fast, strong and coordinated, he was an obvious choice for Kyprianou to turn into a Decer.

4. Collapse Details

Been plenty of great sprinter/hurdlers who could jump well and never put together a dec. And yeah - if he stalls in sprints or LJ? Totally branch out. But, like someone like Holloway (who has done multis and shown he can throw okay too) why go that route unless/until you need to?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    MB has way to much up-side in the events he already does, to consider adding in all the other events to see IF he would make a great decathlete.
    Exactly.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    My boy was a jumper (all 4) in HS, but as I've said before, he was an athletic savant and could pick up any event quickly and be good at it. At 6-3/200 and naturally fast, strong and coordinated, he was an obvious choice for Kyprianou to turn into a Decer.
    That was my point; you are NOT pushing him to be a decathlete. My guess given the good marks in the 400 and the 100 is that the 200 should suit him pretty well. Of course, the 100 is the most lucrative.

7. Collapse Details

Do you think this whole deca talk is still some latent ethnicity nonsense? Even well meaning folk just can't wrap their mind around Boling being a dominant short sprinter/long jumper?
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

8. Collapse Details

Nah, the target event for white sprinters is the 800, not the decathlon

I don't think anyone's seriously suggesting Boling should explore the multis.

9. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    For those of us that still see the title of "The Greatest Athlete on Earth" as worth more than a few hundred baubles tossed at you from track and carnival promoters I say the Deca is something to consider!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by donley2 View Post
    Mr Boling has entered the USATF U20 champs.

http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calend...f-Entries.aspx
    He is far and away the class of the 100 and LJ. He will have some competition in the 200.