Facts, Not Fiction

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    He sure doesn't seem like he'll be one of those flame-out HS phenoms.
    The question now is, will he be a NCAA one-and-done like SMcL and Mondo?
    Hopefully he will not be one of those high school phenoms who flame-out. I think it was very wise of his coaches and "handlers" not to "throw him to the wolves" just yet. I think the U20 Pan Am meet was good experience for him. Allow him to run with his peers. Lets get real here, he is not ready for Coleman, Gatlin, Lyles, Rogers etc.

Next year after a collegiate season under his belt, it will be time for him to "pee or get off the pot" (an old Alabama expression). I think if he has a successful NCAA season, he will be one and done and I will not blame him one bit.

2. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    I deeply resent the disparagement of countless successful HS athletes that earned college scholarships and then went to serve their colleges and earn their Bachelor's degree by using the term "flame out" .

Those are great HS dashers who went on to use their talents to get a college education. That is not a flame out, that is a great athletics career.
    Last edited by user4; 07-24-2019 at 07:55 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    I deeply resent the disparagement of countless successful HS athletes that earned college scholarships and then went to serve their colleges and earn their Bachelor's degree by using the term "flame out" .

Those are great HS dashers who went on to use their talents to get a college education. That is not a flame out, that is a great athletics career.
    I am with you.

The obligatory "flame out" posts are nearly as tiresome of post about "pale" sprinters.

4. Collapse Details

It appears that T&F News is not giving Boling his due. Boling has had major articles written about him in SI and the Washington Post (twice) and yet the Bible of the Sport barely takes notice of him. Four golds at the Pan Am Juniors is unprecendented.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ArchH41 View Post
    It appears that T&F News is not giving Boling his due. Boling has had major articles written about him in SI and the Washington Post (twice) and yet the Bible of the Sport barely takes notice of him. Four golds at the Pan Am Juniors is unprecendented.
    There was an extensive feature earlier in the year.

As for "unprecedented," well it is, but it's also fair to say that the 100 and 200, while very good, were kind of par for the course for him. Now the 4x100, I did not expect a WR. That was impressive for all four of them. Then of course it was doubly impressive that he and his coaches decided to go for it Sunday morning in the 4x4. Robinson was the star anchor, but the WR wouldn't have happened without Boling.

I was there and would be glad to do a writeup for TFN!

6. Collapse Details

Here's his 200m win at Pan Am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVeVI5x-BoY

7. Collapse Details

Winning against his next best rival has got to be sweet, particularly since he is JAM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by steveu View Post

I was there and would be glad to do a writeup for TFN!
    So I dunno what do you think his best event(s) is the 100/200 or should he reconsider about concentrating on being a quartermiler ?
    And yes to doing a writeup - go for it !

9. Collapse Details

Apparently, Japan has its own Mr. Boling. This is from their national HS championships today:

mLJ
    1 Koki Fujiwara 8.12 (1.7)

10. Collapse Details

Were you the only one there? Why didnt they allow spectators in to the stadium to watch the race?