Facts, Not Fiction

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    On 60 Minutes, Lori Loughlin’s vacuous daughter made a vacuous statement during her vacuous return to her vacuous influencer YouTube show, glad to be back with her vacuous influencees who no doubt are vacuously thrilled.
    Sigh. We are indeed in the Kardashian Era now.

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    7 Stanford coaches were approached with bribes, but only the sailing coach took the bait

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...y-14879684.php

3. Collapse Details

Meanwhile, not just happening with college admissions - https://www.fatherly.com/love-money/...=pocket-newtab

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    wow!

5. Collapse Details

Ditto!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Meanwhile, not just happening with college admissions - https://www.fatherly.com/love-money/...=pocket-newtab
    Wasn't much of a secret. It goes on all over the US, even right here in the two big HS academic magnets and the one big Arts HS.

7. Collapse Details

This was going on when I was in high school many years ago, although not on this scale, and not involving magnet schools. But it happened that some high schools were considered to be better than others, and some parents had their kids use relatives' addresses to get into the better schools. Again, this was not at all common, but it did happen. I went to the best non-specialized high school in my city, and over the years, I did come across a few schoolmates who were not actually living in the district.

I also heard anecdotally about a few guys who went to schools out of their district because they had a better basketball or football team.

8. Collapse Details

n the West Texas oil fields in the 30s-40s the fathers of athletic sons were recruited to work in another town. I knew an oil executive in Fort Worth who played six years of HS football in four different towns , four years at Army during WWII (which, he alleged, did not count toward collegiate eligibility), four years at Baylor, back to oil patch at age 30.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    n the West Texas oil fields in the 30s-40s the fathers of athletic sons were recruited to work in another town. I knew an oil executive in Fort Worth who played six years of HS football in four different towns , four years at Army during WWII (which, he alleged, did not count toward collegiate eligibility), four years at Baylor, back to oil patch at age 30.
    Lonewolf, I think there was some rule re WW2 and those who were at West Point or Annapolis and they were eligible to play elsewhere after the war. I seem to recall several of them ended up playing for Notre Dame.