Facts, Not Fiction

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Anyone heard from Devon Allen? I see he hasn't run since getting 3rd at USAs.

2. Collapse Details

Rumours today in Swedish media is that Stockholm will be cut from the Diamond League circuit. They will instead be part of a new six meet category just under DL status.

At the same time the organizers have signed a new, improved 5 year deal with Bauhaus, and the date for next year's gala will be May 24. Mondo Duplantis is also a confirmed start.

3. Collapse Details

I'm OK with tiered 'Grand Prix' circuits. There should be legit (e.g., Berlin ISTAF) meets just below the DL, all summer long.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I'm OK with tiered 'Grand Prix' circuits. There should be legit (e.g., Berlin ISTAF) meets just below the DL, all summer long.
    The IAAF Challenge meets are pretty legit as it stands however they are not scattered enough and act more as single meets than a circuit right now.

5. Collapse Details

I hope the next city to get cut is Birmingham.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    IMO, Berlin deserves a Diamond League Meet.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Berlin had the option of being DL when the concept came around, but as I understand it didn't want to be bound by all the regulations imposed by the IAAF.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Berlin had the option of being DL when the concept came around, but as I understand it didn't want to be bound by all the regulations imposed by the IAAF.
    There are upsides and downsides to that. That don't have the quality of fields across the board that DLs do.

9. Collapse Details

But with world rankings now becoming more important, people should want to compete in those meets. Especially those who are not quite good enough to get into DLs.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

10. Collapse Details

In the Birell Prague GP 10km road race today, it was a historic race on both the men's and women's side. First, the women:

1. Sheila Chepkirui Kiprotich 29.57 (joint #2 All-Time)
    2. Dorcas Kimeli 29.57 (joint #2 A-T)
    3. Norah Jeruto 30.07 (#6 A-T)

Before this race only one woman had gone sub-30 on a record-eligible course - Joyciline Jepkosgei's 29:43 two years ago on this same course.

The Madrid New Year's Eve race where Brigid Kosgei & Hellen Obiri both ran just sub-30 last year has too much elevation drop to be record-eligible.

After Lonah Salpeter ran 30:05 in Tilburg last weekend it means that 4 of the 6 fastest times ever have been run in the last 7 days.

Geoffrey Koech won the men's in 27.03, leading home 5 men sub-27:30. That's the first time that's ever happened. In fact there's never been a road race before this where even 4 men have gone sub-27:30.
    Last edited by LuckySpikes; 09-07-2019 at 06:25 PM.