Facts, Not Fiction

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    there's a long history of questioning people from underdeveloped Nations age as a way to undermine their accomplishments as well as justification of a beat down.
    There's also a long history of 'underdeveloped' countries not having the kind of record-keeping and technology that 'developed' nations have. That's not a bad thing or a good thing; it's just a thing. Not acknowledging that is much more insulting in my book.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    There's also a long history of 'underdeveloped' countries not having the kind of record-keeping and technology that 'developed' nations have. That's not a bad thing or a good thing; it's just a thing. Not acknowledging that is much more insulting in my book.
    Problem is that it's only an issue when they kick American ass.

3. Collapse Details

It's an issue no matter whose ass they kick. In fact, it's an issue if they kick no asses at all.

4. Collapse Details

So I guess Burgin set a western/first world age record. Haha!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksf View Post
    western/first world age record.
    There are plenty of 'Eastern' countries that are 'first-world'. And 'western' ones that aren't.

6. Collapse Details

Look friend, there's a long history of questioning people from underdeveloped Nations age as a way to undermine their accomplishments as well as justification of a beat down.
    What if those in underdeveloped nations complain about the same thing, are they just bitches that go beat?: Age fraud in Indian sport.

Note that India has had reasonably good birth records for a long time, especially for those with the luxury to be able to play sport.

7. Collapse Details

Look friend, there's a long history of questioning people from underdeveloped Nations age as a way to undermine their accomplishments as well as justification of a beat down.
    Sure, but don't assume that's what I'm doing. And how would that undermine his accomplishment - no matter what age he was it is one of the fastest times in history. Nothing in my post suggested I was doing anything you assume.

8. Collapse Details

Brenda Martinez had an emergency surgery to remove her appendix and could not run for two weeks. This may dampen her chances to make the US team this year since the trials are a month away.

Source : her instagram

9. Collapse Details

In Discus mecca, Malmo, Stahl today: 229-3 (69.89).

Do they still have rings for any wind, so Bruch, I mean, Stahl, can throw far?

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    It's an issue no matter whose ass they kick. In fact, it's an issue if they kick no asses at all.
    actually no, it is not much of an issue at all if they do not place. It becomes more and more of an issue if they place or win.

As for kicking American ass, anyone can kick a 17 year olds ass if you are 20. All any nation asks, Americans are no different, is that the playing field is fair and that our 17 year olds are not competing against 19 year old posers.

We all can remember the difference/growth in athleticism that we experience from 17 to 19. I went from a good high school athlete to a basketball dunking machine. No comparison, and by the time you are 21 it goes to another level again.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    There's also a long history of 'underdeveloped' countries not having the kind of record-keeping.. that 'developed' nations have... Not acknowledging that is much more insulting in my book.
    worth repeating.
    Last edited by user4; 06-26-2019 at 10:28 PM.