Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Hayes is too obvious....bambam would have got that right off.
    that's what I thought a few seconds after I typed it

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    The first Calder Trophy winner was an American...which was a big surprise..

3. Collapse Details

I have a guess. I can see his picture in my head but my senior brain (as it all too often does) can't remember the name, just his description- USF Dons running back / OG 400 meter man. If I'm correct and someone can put a name to that they're welcome to the credit and thanks for putting me out of my misery.

4. Collapse Details

I know Ollie Matson won a gold medal in the Olympics and played for the Chicago Cardinals when I was very young. I am not sure if he was Rookie of the year but was a great NFL player in his first years with the Cardinals. Never saw him play because the Cardinals played in Comiskey Park and the Bears played in Wrigley Field which was just one mile from my house. Comiskey Park was on the South side and I couldn't take the elevator train by myself. One Bear game I attended I had many autographs after the game and a few years ago I pulled out my old scorecards and found "Red Grange" autograph on one scorecard. Must have been at game and came out of locker room with other Bear players.

5. Collapse Details

Ollie Matson a good guess but NFL Rookie-of-the-Year awards only started in 1955.

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestfan View Post
    I know Ollie Matson won a gold medal in the Olympics and played for the Chicago Cardinals when I was very young. I am not sure if he was Rookie of the year but was a great NFL player in his first years with the Cardinals. Never saw him play because the Cardinals played in Comiskey Park and the Bears played in Wrigley Field which was just one mile from my house. Comiskey Park was on the South side and I couldn't take the elevator train by myself. One Bear game I attended I had many autographs after the game and a few years ago I pulled out my old scorecards and found "Red Grange" autograph on one scorecard. Must have been at game and came out of locker room with other Bear players.
    That's a great story...Dad saw Red Grange play...no. 77...