Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I have met Alex Trebek a couple of times (his kids went to the same school as did my sister's kids) and I can tell you that he is a very nice person and very "down-to-Earth". My mother died of Pancreatic cancer. The doctors gave her six months and she died in four months. I would love to see Alex beat the cancer, but it won't be easy.

2. Collapse Details

Good news!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cid=spartanntp

>>Trebek has good news to share: He’s in “near remission,” according to doctors.<<

3. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Don't look now, but Ruth Bader Ginsburg beat cancer, again. Pancreatic cancer for the 2nd time, no less.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/45...ancerous-tumor
    There are no strings on me

4. Collapse Details

If you have the money and facilities to throw at it, cancer is much more beatable than it was just 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Atticus; 08-23-2019 at 09:50 PM.

5. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    He is such a great guy, and of course his feuds with Sean Connery are the stuff of legend.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    If you have the money and facilities to throw at it, cancer is much more beatable than it was just 5 years ago.
    May be true for certain cancers, but definitely not all. Gliobastoma, esophageal, ovarian, pancreatic are still killers.

7. Collapse Details

My closest climbing partner and best man at my first marriage in 1998 was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a year ago. Stage 1, found on a CT scan done for other reasons, so found early. But stage 1 pancreatic cancer still has only.a 20% five year survival rate.

8. Collapse Details

I just saw on a new feed this morning that Alex is back to film new Jeopardy episodes. He seems optimistic, although he is far from being given a clean bill of health. Hope to see the "Canadian ponce" (spoken with a Sean Connery accent) back and fighting.

9. Collapse Details

The Huntsman Cancer Center in Salt Lake City recently announced it had cured early stage pancreatic cancer in mice. Trouble is it is notoriously symptom free.

10. Collapse Details

I have been watching the Tournament of Champions. It is incredible the things these people know.. and don't know.. just today, I knew four answers that none of the three contestants knew... of course they knew a lot more that I did not have a clue.