Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Is it really an Australian record, though? He's listed as AUS on the IAAF site and as FRA on Tilastopaja.

BTW, he's also got a pretty good PB in the decathlon with 7271 (U18 implements) this year despite poor results in the throws.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Nobody knows of his intended eligibility since he says he hasn't made his mind up. The stadium announcer was all about 'Australian Record' though and Sasha responded to this urging the crowd to clap him along his run-up.

He holds three Australian age records already, competes for an Australian club, is funded by an Australian institute, has two Aussie coaches in pole-vault (one of whom the record belonged to) and will be competing in the Australian Championships (again) shortly.

On the other hand some of his kit last night looked to be blue with a red and white trim..
    Last edited by Vault-emort; 03-16-2019 at 11:12 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Vault-emort View Post
    Nobody knows of his intended eligibility since he says he hasn't made his mind up. The stadium announcer was all about 'Australian Record' though and Sasha responded to this urging the crowd to clap him along his run-up.

He holds three Australian age records already, competes for an Australian club, is funded by an Australian institute, has two Aussie coaches in pole-vault (one of whom the record belonged to) and will be competing in the Australian Championships (again) shortly.

On the other hand some of his kit last night looked to be blue with a red and white trim..
    I saw video of his 5.56. He definitely had plenty of height! Standards just off. He looks like he is ready to jump 5.65-5.70. Which is saying a lot because his form is not that good. This kid is going to be a force to reckon with whatever he decides to do and for whichever country he represents.

4. Collapse Details

It's unlikely he's going to combine PV with hurdles at the senior level. He'll face a tough decision at some point.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    It's unlikely he's going to combine PV with hurdles at the senior level. He'll face a tough decision at some point.
    What's my best event? Is it the one I like more? Is it the event where my chances of success look most promising? Tough choice that most humans would love to have .....compared to the usual fare.

6. Collapse Details

PV/110mh has some similar movement patterns but I agree that doing both would be tough and a decision might need to be made soon.

If I was betting on it I would say PV.

7. Collapse Details

For those interested in Sasha tune into Athletics Australia's YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2b57NvWx8k - as he goes for a new world age PV best of 5.56m.

He has just cleared 5.41 for a National U18 record.
    Last edited by Vault-emort; 04-01-2019 at 05:28 AM.

8. Collapse Details

And over at the third attempt!

Unsure if he will bother with further heights in not-exactly helpful conditions (cool, gusty).

ETA - he's now jumping at 5.61m

Three failed attempts but a good result for today. Will be competing in the senior event on the weekend (after his U18 sprint & hurdles comps over the next few days).
    Last edited by Vault-emort; 04-01-2019 at 05:51 AM.

9. Collapse Details

Wow he got it!! 5.56 is great. Called it a few weeks ago. He will have a much harder time with 17 year old record. 5.90! Though I wouldnt be surprised if he jumps 19 before he turns 18

10. Collapse Details

He's also entered in the open 100m I believe.