Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
  1. Collapse Details

I don't see it as that complicated. The coach 'hinted' at it. She went out too hard.
    And then IMO she didn't fight that hard in the last 50. The pilot light went out.
    She will certainly benefit from this. Every runner needs to find out what they have to manage in a race.
    Unfortunately She found out in a national contest.
    She'll bounce back quickly from this.

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    I don't see it as that complicated. The coach 'hinted' at it. She went out too hard.
    And was she still in 1:23.6 shape or more like 1:27 by that point? To go out too hard against people who'd be hard pressed to stay within 5 seconds of her in a 600.....

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    And was she still in 1:23.6 shape or more like 1:27 by that point? To go out too hard against people who'd be hard pressed to stay within 5 seconds of her in a 600.....
    She quite probably transitioned into outdoor shape in the 2 weeks between the USATF and the NBN. I gather that something else inside of her was saying to her, "You did fantastic. Let's get ready for outdoor season." The euphoria of that 600 AR shut her down for indoors before the season was over.

Either that, or we didn't pay enough attention to her 1,000 PR. While her 600 told one story of great potential, her 2:44.43 told another. If she had run <2:37, there might have been a better chance of a sub-2:00 clocking.
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 03-17-2019 at 06:43 PM.