Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Jakub Krzewina is now out with injury. Looks like it will be tough for Poland to get on the men's 4x4 podium.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Who saw this coming?
    Gold medals:
    5 Poland
    0 France
    0 Germany

3. Collapse Details

Poland topping medal tables at European events has become a normal occurrence in recent years

4. Collapse Details

Powell, were you in Glasgow?

5. Collapse Details

Nope

6. Collapse Details

I'm hoping this is an indicator of things to come in Bydgoszcz for the team championships. I'm making my first trip to Poland to see where my dad grew up and taking in the team championships as well. I'm hoping we will see some names who didn't compete indoors perform at a high level outdoors.

7. Collapse Details

The Polish team obviously did well in Glasgow in terms of gold medals (few people would have expected them to win 5), but it wasn't that great a showing otherwise. Too many people who could have done well, or even medalled, didn't make the finals, including Baumgart, Bukowiecki, Siciarz, Rozmys and Borkowski. Justyna Święty made the final, but didn't do well, either, mostly due to tactical errors in both semi and final.

OTOH, with the timing of the WC this year, more top athletes didn't take the indoors as seriously as usual. In Bydgoszcz, I expect the Poles to be fighting it out for the win with Germany.

8. Collapse Details

Perhaps Swoboda will run a 100 this year that's intrinsically equal to or better than Irena Szewinska's best performance, from the 1974 Euros ( 11.13 into -1.x). Right now her best is 11.12 (+0.9), not as good, yet.

9. Collapse Details

Szewińska's time corrects to 11.04 basic. Not impossible, but a tough goal for Swoboda.

10. Collapse Details

Konrad Bukowiecki seems to be down under, like last year. BTW, he competed yesterday but could only get a throw beyond 20m, and barely... He said he had flu during EIC which prevented him from making the final but I'd say it's quite clear he has been regressing in recent times. He seems to be following Jacko's path, albeit on a higher level. It seems he is physically good, but his technique has been worsening recently, mainly the final of his throws.