Facts, Not Fiction

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    I wonder if this is going to work... Marcin completed a nice transition from 800 (where he has still run 1.43 this year) to a world medal (!!) at 1500 with a big 3.31 pr... I don't know if Kzcszot wants to move up as well (I heard something regarding it a couple of years ago, I reckon he even ran a decent paced time at NC at 1500). In these last years I fear he has lost ton of speed, increasing his mileage considerably... I don't know if Lewandowski will try to change this or move him towards 1500... I think Lewandowski's training type has always been 800-1500 instead of 4/800.
    Kszczot was hinting at moving to the 1500 after Tokyo, but I'm pretty sure he will stick with the 800 next year. The fact he'll be training with Lewandowski doesn't mean he has to do the exact same training as Marcin. Tomasz now also coaches the 400 runner Patrycja Wyciszkiewicz and has done pretty well with her, judging by the way she ran in Doha, so he can obviously handle designing different training programs for different athletes.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Powell, does Tomasz still coach Lindh, Hinriksdottir and Lyakhova? (I really should know the last of those but who her coach is seems to be different in every Ukrainian result I read on their website and also in the team handbook one can download from the UAF site...I really should know the first too having spoken to Lovisa and her parents in Doha.)

3. Collapse Details

Frankly, I haven't heard of him coaching foreign athletes. It doesn't mean he doesn't; I just don't know anything about it.

4. Collapse Details

According to a random poster on letsrun, it seems he is still coaching Lyakova. Don't know anything about the others... about Wyciszkiewicz, how long has he been coaching her? I saw a good 600m from her this year, even if she struggled at 400 races...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    According to a random poster on letsrun, it seems he is still coaching Lyakova. Don't know anything about the others... about Wyciszkiewicz, how long has he been coaching her? I saw a good 600m from her this year, even if she struggled at 400 races...
    This was the first season Wyciszkiewicz trained under Lewandowski. Yes, she struggled during the season (had some health issues, and supposedly also spent significant time on her studies), but she was in her best ever shape in Doha.
    Last edited by Powell; 10-10-2019 at 08:37 PM.

6. Collapse Details

She was a revelation at Doha. It will be brutal making Polish 4x4 next year. I was as pleased with her showing at Doha as any Polish athlete. Any word of Wlodarczyk recovery.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Marcinkiewicz View Post
    Any word of Wlodarczyk recovery.
    I haven't heard anything specific, so I'm assuming it's going according to plan. She recently suggested she might not be retiring after Tokyo, as she had said previously, so it looks like she still feels she has a lot left in her.