Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Rams vs. Saints

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
  1. Collapse Details

Boy am I glad I didn't watch this live!
    Good analysis on cbssports.com:

"I'm pretty numb right now, but there's no other way to say it: I got out-coached," McVay said. Saying you got out-coached is one thing, but explaining how that happened is a completely different thing and that's exactly what McVay did. If you're wondering why the NFL's second-highest-scoring offense only scored three points -- tying a Super Bowl record for fewest points -- it's because they had no idea what the Patriots were going to do next. McVay said his offense was confused by all the stunts that the Patriots were bringing.

"They played almost exclusively some man coverage principles and decided to take away -- really in the early downs, all they ended up was playing some single high buzz structures with some quarter principles.

Left tackle Andrew Whitworth said the Rams couldn't get their run game going because the Patriots switched up their defensive front and started putting six guys on the line.

The Patriots controlled the gaps on the offensive line for all four quarters, which made it nearly impossible for the Rams to run the ball.
    "Gap control," Anderson said of why L.A. had so much trouble on the ground.

According to Whitworth, the Patriots were doing things that the Rams hadn't really seen on film all season.

2. Collapse Details

I enjoyed the defensive battle, but not the winner.

Bambam - I totally understand your reasons for backing off from football, but I hesitate to paint myself into such corner(s). I'm no surgeon, but in my firefighting career if I gave up activities based on all the carnage I've seen, I'd be reduced to sitting at home doing nothing, encouraging anyone and everyone I know to do...nothing. THAT SAID - My eating and health habits have been partially-to-mostly directed by things I've seen over a career...
    I'd be interested what other activities you avoid/discourage based on your career. Has anything else had the same impact?
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

3. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Boy am I glad I didn't watch this live!
    Good analysis on cbssports.com:
    How does a 33year old become a head football coach in the NFL. He is obviously good but against Belichick , did anyone expect a different outcome?

Oh and his DBs were cheating as much as they did in New Orleans!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    I enjoyed the defensive battle, but not the winner.

Bambam - I totally understand your reasons for backing off from football, but I hesitate to paint myself into such corner(s). I'm no surgeon, but in my firefighting career if I gave up activities based on all the carnage I've seen, I'd be reduced to sitting at home doing nothing, encouraging anyone and everyone I know to do...nothing. THAT SAID - My eating and health habits have been partially-to-mostly directed by things I've seen over a career...
    I'd be interested what other activities you avoid/discourage based on your career. Has anything else had the same impact?
    Great point, Scott. It just really affected me. The only other thing is trampolines. I think they should be banned. I took care of two quadriplegics from trampoline accidents when I was a resident, and later saw another one in practice. Tragic.