Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 411
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Brown View Post
    While they're measuring 6.17, I'd have dad on the phone with [insert shoe company] verifying there's a retroactive WR bonus since he's most likely a pro the next day.
    Shoe company bonuses are contingent on the record getting ratified. It won't get ratified at NCAAs because NCAA won't give USADA the first passing of urine. None of the world records from NCAA Indoors last year were ever ratified by the IAAF.

    6.06... 6.11... just builds the anticipation...

    Only one more college meet (probably)
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post

    Only one more college meet (probably)
    If one is not counting the preliminary round two weeks prior to Austin.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    Shoe company bonuses are contingent on the record getting ratified. It won't get ratified at NCAAs because NCAA won't give USADA the first passing of urine. None of the world records from NCAA Indoors last year were ever ratified by the IAAF.(
    Trayvon Bromell's 9.97 from 2014 NCAA's got ratified, and so did Kirani James' 44.80 from 2011. Has the ratification procedure changed since then?
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,579
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Trayvon Bromell's 9.97 from 2014 NCAA's got ratified, and so did Kirani James' 44.80 from 2011. Has the ratification procedure changed since then?
    Maybe the IAAF previously accepted NCAA doping control and no longer does?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,579
    Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    If one is not counting the preliminary round two weeks prior to Austin.
    DOES NOT COUNT for pole vaulters. It is the lamest thing ever.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    What's the next great barrier in pole vault that may be attainable by Mondo? Or is there one? I suppose there would have to be an awareness of some number, say like 21 feet. That's high.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    What's the next great barrier in pole vault that may be attainable by Mondo? Or is there one? I suppose there would have to be an awareness of some number, say like 21 feet. That's high.
    That is at least a couple years out if it ever happens. Mondo is great and will be better, but 6.40 is a long way from 6.05.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    DOES NOT COUNT for pole vaulters. It is the lamest thing ever.
    And the same is true for high jumpers. Regionals are an abomination.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    What's the next great barrier in pole vault that may be attainable by Mondo? Or is there one? I suppose there would have to be an awareness of some number, say like 21 feet. That's high.
    How about 6.10 meters, a.k.a. 20 feet?
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 05-14-2019 at 04:36 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    I think its a moot point. Seriously doubt Mondo will attempt the WR until he is at a meet where he clears his opening height then 5.80 at first attempt and 6.00 first attempt. Then could see him going for the WR. That wonΒ’t happen at NCAA champs. In fact It probably wont happen at diamond league meets much either.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •