Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 411
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    It looked like a near perfect jump, but I can’t tell how much clearance he had.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Louisiana/ New York
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    It looked like a near perfect jump, but I can’t tell how much clearance he had.
    I think he touched the bar....
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,953
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun5150 View Post
    I think he touched the bar....
    Scraped it coming down. I can 6 inches more this summer (!!!) .
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Louisiana/ New York
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Scraped it coming down. I can 6 inches more this summer (!!!) .
    6” may be light!!:O It is scary how good he is and he is still only 19 years old !!

    Was that the coldest 6m jump ever?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Scraped it coming down. I can 6 inches more this summer (!!!) .
    I don’t think 6.15 was impossible at Berlin last year.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Are there videos of the 6.0 jump? Was there as much room as there was as with his 6.05 jump in Berlin?

    Any speculation on the NCAA meet? 6.05 or 6.10?
    6.06. Maybe 6.01 and then 6.06.

    If he makes that and the weather is decent and he feels good maybe like 6.10 or 6.11.

    I say no way does he attempt the WR at ncaas no matter how good he's jumping.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,584
    Unless the weather is crazy at NCAAs, he'll be jumping with the field for longer, and the NCAA meet progression is usually something stupid like 5.45, 5.55, 5.60, 5.65, etc.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    6.06. Maybe 6.01 and then 6.06.

    If he makes that and the weather is decent and he feels good maybe like 6.10 or 6.11.

    I say no way does he attempt the WR at ncaas no matter how good he's jumping.
    I should have asked tonight but what's the significance of 6.01? I get 6.06 since his PR is 6.05, but why was he attempting 6.01 two weeks ago instead of 5.99 for the CR or 6.00 for a nice round number?
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    What a great weekend for the Duplantises! As luck would have it, the Arkansas baseball team was hosting LSU this weekend, and with Antoine hitting a game winning home run and Mondo breaking the CR within a few minutes of each other, it's only fitting that ESPN do a Duplantis segment on SportsCenter.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    Unless the weather is crazy at NCAAs, he'll be jumping with the field for longer, and the NCAA meet progression is usually something stupid like 5.45, 5.55, 5.60, 5.65, etc.
    While they're measuring 6.17, I'd have dad on the phone with [insert shoe company] verifying there's a retroactive WR bonus since he's most likely a pro the next day.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •