Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I, for one, expect a 5.80-5.90. Anything more than that is undue expectation for the VERY FIRST COLLEGE MEET this kid has ever been in.
    CAN he jump 6.00 (or higher) right now? Of course he can, but where's the utility in that? If he starts now at ONLY 5.80, then we have the exciting suspense of watching him get SRs. Indoors is just . . . indoors. Outdoors is where it's at and . . . at . . . is Doha, many, many, many months away. I'll take a 6.10 or 6.20 THEN, thank you very much. There's no fun in him jumping super this early; it's all anti-climactic after that if he does.
    First college meet may not be such a big deal for him. He has competed at the WC, won the European championship, several diamond league events. Let’s not forget that he won the summit last year.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    First college meet may not be such a big deal for him. He has competed at the WC, won the European championship, several diamond league events. Let’s not forget that he won the summit last year.
    Kinda my point. This is old-hat/nothing compared to where he's competed. This is just to knock the rust off.

3. Collapse Details

I believe Sydney McLaughlin set the standard for collegiate debuts with her 36.12 last season. Will he top that?

4. Collapse Details

I was a little shocked to not see his name on the list of “Who’s Coming”

http://www.polevaultsummit.com
    Last edited by cajun5150; 01-16-2019 at 01:40 AM. Reason: link error

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cajun5150 View Post

I don't think it's quite NCAA-kosher to use a collegiate athlete's name in publicity.

6. Collapse Details

Reno's a pretty familiar venue to him, so that aspect would be relaxing, I'd think. I'd guess 5.80-5.90.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cajun5150 View Post
    The disclaimer on the home page is
    (CURRENT INFORMATION ON SITE IS FROM 2018 FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY)

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Kinda my point. This is old-hat/nothing compared to where he's competed. This is just to knock the rust off.
    He CHOSE to compete for LSU at least one year!
    That he's competed in WC's, DL's, etc etc should NOT have prevented him from competing FOR the college he CHOSE to represent!!

Not very good P.R.!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    He CHOSE to compete for LSU at least one year!
    That he's competed in WC's, DL's, etc etc should NOT have prevented him from competing FOR the college he CHOSE to represent!!

Not very good P.R.!!
    As an alumnus of the LSU track program, let me assure you that your opinion is way off base compared to what anyone associated with the program feels.

10. Collapse Details

It has been announced on Dyestat that he is competing. The summit website is out of date.

He will jump at least 5.90. That would be an indoor PR for him. PRing at Reno has always been very important for him. He proudly claims that he has PRed everytime he has gone to Reno. Last year it was an indoor PR only.

I wouldnt be surprised for him to take shots at 6 meters. It would be very Mondo of him to try and take out the 5.98 by Lawrence Johnson.

Also while we are making predictions Sondre Guttorsmen looks amazing. It wouldnt shock me to see a 5.80 out of him. Early prediction but at Doha I think we could see the first meet ever with two people over 6.10, and if not Doha then Tokyo.