Facts, Not Fiction

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

For some insights into Kurt Marschall's disappearance this year - from his social:

So now that the 2019 season has come to a close and 2020 is right around the corner, I thought I’d write a little something to update you all on what’s been happening over the past few months. �� To start with there has been a huge change in my coaching team, where @paulburgess79 is now leading the charge for this next chapter. ���� Also, as some of you may know, I have had to deal with two major injuries throughout this past year. I found out I had sustained a stress fracture in my L5 vertebrae, and a rotator cuff tendon tear in my right shoulder. This was hard news to deal with a few weeks out from beginning my 2019 season. But I had to cop that and re-evaluate and give my body every shot at the big one in 2020. It’s been 5 months now and I’ve worked from ground zero, not even being able to squat body weight, to now starting vaulting TOMORROW! �� It’s been a grind but it’s been valuable in many ways as well! Thanks to everyone who has helped me pull through! I have learnt and I will be back, ready to hit this next 10 months HARD! Let’s get busy, see y’all soon!

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details

A Canberra-based newsite, RiotACT, has a story on local javelinist Kelsey-Lee Barber.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    posts on Graham Crouch's passing move to RIP thread in Historical forum

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    Lauren Wells ran a 300m flat race in Canberra on 18 August and set a new PB of 37.92, bettering her 38.20 on 14 January 2012 in Brisbane. This "race" was essentially a time trial as she won by 5 1/2 seconds...

While a long way from Freemanesque, this is yet another PB to go with her 200m, 400m and 400mH earlier this year, showing she is in good form for WC, if selected.
    Lauren seems to have reverted to her maiden name of Boden, for whatever reason, and ran a new 300m PB of 37.58 at the Woden track in Canberra on 23 November.

She also won the "People's Choice" award at the local CBR Sports Awards last week.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    A Canberra-based newsite, RiotACT, has a story on local javelinist Kelsey-Lee Barber.
    Barber won the "Athlete of the Year Female Sports" award at the local CBR Sports Awards on Friday night last week...

..and then hit the gym on Saturday morning, according to local media reports.

She will probably open her domestic season at either the Brisbane Track Classic or the national championships at the end of March.
    Last edited by El Toro; 12-01-2019 at 04:47 AM.

7. Collapse Details

A few interesting results over the weekend including - finally - a 2019 mark (65.93m) from Dani Stevens. Also in Sydney, young John Gikas also managed a near 2.5 second PB in the 400m (45.87).

8. Collapse Details

The track at the Australian Institue of Sport is getting a new, you beaut surface. ACT Athletics head James Kaan (1:46.74/3:37.02 PB) is hoping to attract plenty of sprinters looking for fast times over the coming season.

9. Collapse Details

Canberra's altitude should help.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Vault-emort View Post
    A few interesting results over the weekend including - finally - a 2019 mark (65.93m) from Dani Stevens.
    Slotting in as #7 performer for the year with that...