Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Is there even room in the Vatican for a 400m track.. and long throws?
    heck you could probably put a track in the square and an indoor track inside the cathedral! :-)

2. Collapse Details

The obvious fit for the Swiss Guard in the Olympic Movement would seem to be Modern Pentathlon which is based on military skills in the 19th Century. I imagine the stumbling block would be the equestrian event.

A few years back, there was a proposal to replace equestrian with mountain biking in Modern Pentathlon - which would basically make it into Triathlon plus fencing and shooting. That would probably make Modern Pentathlon more popular.

3. Collapse Details

GSSE is my favorite international competition.

4. Collapse Details

The local news of a Long Island Channel (we get on cable) had a feature on the Vatican team. They are now an official team having competed in a 10K over the weekend. No medals. The race had “thousands” of runners. I guess it was in Rome because it would be tough to fit a course in the Vatican.

The interviewer talked to a Swiss Guard who said it was enjoyable to run after having to stand around all day on duty. He also interviewed a middle-age nun who was wearing what looked like a short vail.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 01-22-2019 at 03:00 AM.

5. Collapse Details