Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Looking for T&FN Individual Magazines for sale
    Newby to the forum.

From time to time, I am looking for back issues of T&FN. I prefer the hard copy as opposed to digital. I can't seem to find a link any longer to a complete listing of T&FN and who appeared on its cover. For example, currently on the website, it displays covers going back to approximately November of 2011. Just curious as to whether anyone has a link to other back issues and their respective covers or whether anyone has a personal listing of any individual back issues for sale. After searching on this forum, I have only found larger collections for sale as opposed to individual issues.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chicohurdle View Post
    Newby to the forum.

From time to time, I am looking for back issues of T&FN. I prefer the hard copy as opposed to digital. I can't seem to find a link any longer to a complete listing of T&FN and who appeared on its cover. For example, currently on the website, it displays covers going back to approximately November of 2011. Just curious as to whether anyone has a link to other back issues and their respective covers or whether anyone has a personal listing of any individual back issues for sale. After searching on this forum, I have only found larger collections for sale as opposed to individual issues.
    From front page:

We’ll be posting our full complement of T&FN covers, 71-plus-years’ worth, over the next little while. Watch for updates, a decade at a time, on the home page or here.

3. Collapse Details

I have several T&FN issues for sale individually. Just let me know by PM which ones you are looking for and I will try to help you.

4. Collapse Details

Can't wait for the covers to come back?
    Here they all are in the Wayback Machine, aka the Internet Archive.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160304...hp/archivemenu

First all photo cover (excl. Annual Issues) - I Feb 68

First color photo cover (excl Annuals & special Oly issues) - May 77

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chicohurdle View Post
    Newby to the forum.

Have been away from this site for some time. I have a comprehensive collection of TFN, which I would like to dispose of. Starts back in 1966 or so and is fairly complete through at least 2000. Earlier editions are in bound volumes with 12-18 issues each, with notations/underling on some pages . From about 1980 onwards, issues are individual ones and fairly comprehensive. I am downsizing prior to moving and would appreciate help in giving my collection a good home. If interested, please post here, with details of what you are interested in, and we will take it from there.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catson52 View Post
    Have been away from this site for some time. I have a comprehensive collection of TFN, which I would like to dispose of. Starts back in 1966 or so and is fairly complete through at least 2000. Earlier editions are in bound volumes with 12-18 issues each, with notations/underling on some pages . From about 1980 onwards, issues are individual ones and fairly comprehensive. I am downsizing prior to moving and would appreciate help in giving my collection a good home. If interested, please post here, with details of what you are interested in, and we will take it from there.
    Just a heads up. I have started listing my collection of TFN for sale at the usual site. Must offload them within the next six weeks or so.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catson52 View Post
    Just a heads up. I have started listing my collection of TFN for sale at the usual site. Must offload them within the next six weeks or so.
    Good luck. If you find the right buyer, you can make some good money.

The irony is that hundreds (thousands?) of old issues sit in attics, or storage units, or **gasp** dumpsters, unappreciated by heirs. The chance of finding a bound set of . . . say . . . the entire 50s at a garage sale for $50 . . . are infinitesimal, yet some people would pay over $1000 for that.

I only have 4 things left on my wish-list: HS Annuals from 57, 59, 62 & 64. I may never find them and would pay well, but they sit in someone's house, probably completely unknown.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Good luck. If you find the right buyer, you can make some good money.

The irony is that hundreds (thousands?) of old issues sit in attics, or storage units, or **gasp** dumpsters, unappreciated by heirs. The chance of finding a bound set of . . . say . . . the entire 50s at a garage sale for $50 . . . are infinitesimal, yet some people would pay over $1000 for that.

I only have 4 things left on my wish-list: HS Annuals from 57, 59, 62 & 64. I may never find them and would pay well, but they sit in someone's house, probably completely unknown.
    Agree with what you say. But I am not out to make money, just get them out to someone with some interest, rather than putting them in the trash. Surprisingly, they are moving quite rapidly now.
    I collected the magazines first in NA, took them to Asia, collected more in Australia, moved them to Asia and then NA. Getting them out has been a bit of a wrench. But nothing compared with getting rid of my "profession papers", I trashed some 20% at my office room yesterday. Goes back to about 1965, and brought tears to my eyes.
    Good luck with your search.

9. Collapse Details

What issues/years are you looking for? I have a total of 111, starting in May of 1965. All for sale. email me at Bobjames@ameritech.net