Facts, Not Fiction

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
  1. Collapse Details

From their tweets, I get the impression a lot of athletes were genuinely excited to be part of this, so there may be potential for the meet to gain momentum.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Very much a tactical race in the w800, likely will be the same in other mid-distance events.
    w1500 did not follow that script.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    The US/Europe meet was interesting, well presented and we got to see some different athletes who tried hard but I question if the outcome would have been so lopsided if both teams had fielded their absolutely best in each event..., otoh, don't know if the US could have overcome the European field event superiority.
    Definitely not as lopsided, although I believe Europe would still be likely to win. Just out of interest, I did a simulation based on this year's outdoor SBs, excluding the relays (hard to tell how to simulate those) and including the 5000 instead of 3000 (since a lot of top athletes don't have proper SBs in the latter). The result was actually US coming out marginally on top with a score of 632.5-625.5. But with some of those top US marks coming from NCAA athletes, who are no longer in that sort of shape (think Sha'Carri Richardson), that should be enough to tip the scales in Europe's favor. But it would be a close match.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    I did a simulation based on this year's outdoor SBs,
    The answer to the question will be absolutely answered in Doha - score the Euro vs. USA placings as a separate contest. I would have to expect the Euros to win.

5. Collapse Details

Not possible under these rulea, since the US will not have 4 athletes in most events, and Europe as a whole will have a lot more in most.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Not possible under these rules, since the US will not have 4 athletes in most events, and Europe as a whole will have a lot more in most.
    True, so typical dual meet scoring (at least at the NCAA level here in the USA) should apply; 5-3-1 and 5-0 for relays.

7. Collapse Details

How often is US going to 5-6-7-8 in PV?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    True, so typical dual meet scoring (at least at the NCAA level here in the USA) should apply; 5-3-1 and 5-0 for relays.
    Yes, that was my assumption: true dual meet scoring: 5-3-1/5-0 R