Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Tuohy 9/21

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
  1. Collapse Details

Here's a nice piece about Tuohy. It was posted on her local newspaper's website today, but it appears to be a reprint of an article that was published earlier in the year.

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/h...on/2251524002/

2. Collapse Details

Tuohy opened her 2019 season by winning the 1000m at Ocean Breeze yesterday. Her time was 2:48.77, nearly a second slower than the PR she set two years ago, when she was only 14.

3. Collapse Details

This article is linked on the homepage (a bit deeper in that list now), but worth posting here.

Ms. Tuohy ran (what was reported to be a relatively easy effort) 4:39.15 in a Millrose qualifier, though she will wait until after the Dr. Sander 3,000 metres to decide if she will participate at Millrose. That mark puts her on another a-t prep list -- indooor mile -- at #6 performer/#8 performance. (disclaimer: I am aware that there are superior equivalent indoor prep 1500 marks, and that this is not of world-historical importance and perhaps not even a big item in Katelyn Tuohy historical importance, but it seemed worth noting nevertheless. )

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/2...te/2511759002/
    Last edited by Master Po; 01-11-2019 at 02:21 PM.

4. Collapse Details

One other item I noticed in perusing the local paper that reports on Tuohy -- "Running for second: What it's like to race North Rockland star Katelyn Tuohy" -- several of her HS competitors talking about running against KT. Interesting to read some of their observations.

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/h...on/2251524002/

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    her HS competitors talking about running against KT. Interesting to read some of their observations.
    I love the consensus: I'm not trying to beat her; I'm just honored to be in a race WITH her.

6. Collapse Details

It will be interesting to see how she races and reacts with athletes who are at least her equal and if she is in the pack or attempts to lead early on.

7. Collapse Details

Tuohy ran anchor leg on her school's 4x800 relay yesterday. Story linked on front page.