Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    "Worst" thing about the Euros is that the rest of the world has to sit around waiting for meets THEY can compete in!!
    Except for some rarities (JO's, some road races), the rest of the world pretty much shuts down for almost two weeks!!
    It's not 2 weeks. Africa and CAC both had their championships last week.

How about organizing Pan-American championships, which would take place during the same period and also serve as a Continental Cup qualifier?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

The NACAC meet is in Toronto this week, aaronk.

3. Collapse Details

I know it was a qualification day but the level of results was really low in seemingly great conditions. Did we even see a single personal best? Must've been some tricky wind.

Two long jumps over 8m! Tornéus lurking after a not so good season. 7.91 SB(-1.2) and only had to do one jump. Would not surprise if he grabs yet another Euro medal. Tentoglou looks like the man to beat, though. Nykyforov, Gomis and Bramble got in on their last attempt.

Men's shot put saw Stanek and Bukowiecki scrape through with a 19.77 and 19.89 respectively. Storl topped with 20.63.
    Last edited by trackk; 08-06-2018 at 09:12 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Angel David Rodriguez (on Twitter---don't follow him, as most of his tweets are in Spanish!) says there was an Athletes Forum at the Euros where the Wild Card rule was discussed!
    He says ALL of the athletes were against the rule!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    Angel David Rodriguez (on Twitter---don't follow him, as most of his tweets are in Spanish!) says there was an Athletes Forum at the Euros where the Wild Card rule was discussed!
    He says ALL of the athletes were against the rule!!
    What is it?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by doug5321 View Post
    I looked at the 400 Hurdle results and Warholm (unsure of spelling) of Norway did not run, I had just read he was doing the 400/400H Double, then I looked and it said 2 in each heat and the next 5 fastest advance to semifinals, there were only 4 heats = 13, do some Athletes get Wildcards to next round?
    Quote Originally Posted by donley2 View Post
    12 free passes to the semis to be exact, in all the races 400 meters and below (I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    More precisely, athletes who ranked in the season's European top 12 get free passes. If some of them are missing the champs, there are fewer passes and more places qualifying places available from the heats. In the men's 100, only 9 men qualified directly for the semis.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    What is it?
    Donley and Powell summarized it. Details are on the third page of the document found here:

http://www.european-athletics.org/mm...ds_Neutral.pdf

For 100m, 200m, 400m, 100/110m Hurdles and 400m Hurdles (Men and Women) the qualification system will be as follows:

• There will be 3 rounds: Pre-qualification round, semi-final and final;
    • The Pre-qualification round will include all athletes entered by the Member Federation and eligible to compete in the championships, except 12 top athletes (12 best ranked athletes according to the 2018 Season List entered by their Member Federation and to a maximum of 3 per country) directly qualified to the Semi-finals;
    • The athletes to be directly qualified for the Semi-finals are the entered athletes who are in the top 12 of the season list (in that case a maximum of 12, or more in case of a tie for the 12th best performance, but possibly less)
    Last edited by wamego relays champ; 08-06-2018 at 11:00 PM.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pakilo View Post
    Is there no option for delayed watching on EurovisionSports?! I'm going to need that in a few days. They used to have that option!
    Ditto that same question. It's the only way for me except on the weekend.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackk View Post
    I know it was a qualification day but the level of results was really low in seemingly great conditions. Did we even see a single personal best? Must've been some tricky wind.
    I watched the Eurosport international feed in Australia last night and the commentators were picking up on this throughout the day.

I kept checking the wind readings for the long jump but most seemed very close to nothing. The jumpers all seemed to have good speed and hitting the board well, they just didn't get much pop.

There was a bit more wind in the hundred with a -0.9 for Kwayie's heat where she ran only 0.01 of her PB.

The SP was poor and the HT a bit better but not great, so it wasn't just the track events.

9. Collapse Details

Ewa Swoboda said in an interview yesterday that the track was too soft.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

10. Collapse Details

I think Akdag out in 3000sc