Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Trump: Great President, or Greatest President??
    Put me down for none of the above . . .

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bad hammy View Post
    Put me down for none of the above . . .
    Oldest to enter office, so he is worthy of some superlatives.

On that subject, he is the third president we've elected who was born in 1946 (and the other two guys were 2-termers!). How much power do you stinkin hippies need?

I mean, my parents are baby boomers, so you're not all bad, but, yeah, it's pretty much all your fault.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Merner521 View Post
    On that subject, he is the third president we've elected who was born in 1946 (and the other two guys were 2-termers!). How much power do you stinkin hippies need?
    And all three were all born in a 2-month span.

4. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    I'm still partial to Millard Fillmore since I live on Fillmore St.

5. Collapse Details

Trump: Great President, or Greatest President??
    Future historians will have more to say about the Trump Years than ALL the other presidents of the 20th/21st Centuries combined. But it will be LESS about Trump, and lots more about how he was elected and how so many people stayed in his 'base' long after he proved himself a buffoon, bigot and meglomaniac.
    These are, by far, the darkest (non-war-year) days the USA has EVER experienced, and that includes the Great Depression.

6. Collapse Details

Mueller Time is coming...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Future historians will have more to say about the Trump Years than ALL the other presidents of the 20th/21st Centuries combined. But it will be LESS about Trump, and lots more about how he was elected and how so many people stayed in his 'base' long after he proved himself a buffoon, bigot and meglomaniac.
    These are, by far, the darkest (non-war-year) days the USA has EVER experienced, and that includes the Great Depression.
    He was voted in with the same personality and incompetence he has shown since that time. It isn't shocking that only a few percentage points have peeled away. This is the person they wanted. And people are slow to admit they were wrong, especially in the face of the such backlash. They belong to a cult, it will take time to admit they were wrong, if ever.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Trump is so slimy nothing big enough to get Republicans to impeach him will stick.

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    They belong to a cult, it will take time to admit they were wrong, if ever.
    A 60,000,000 person cult?! I can't be that cynical.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    It has always bothered me that this site lacks a “like” button....

10. Collapse Details

I think Trump is a lock for being considered as one of the worst 5 American presidents. So far, his actions do not demonstrate that he sat on his hands while the country prepared for civil war(Buchanan), frittered away the opportunity for real reconstruction ( Andrew Johnson), or sat on his hands as the country went into the great depression(Hoover). He has not yet squandered the gift of peace and prosperity (GWB). He could get a lot worse. He has not yet been truly tested.

He does of course bring a level of evil and incompetence that has not been seen in the office in my lifetime.