Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Admit it folks...you regret voting for this unfit man.
    This has been one long nightmare.

2. Collapse Details

I will take a wild guess that you are referring to the USA and Mr. Trump.
    To your post: I think this nightmare is just getting warmed up.
    To your thread's title assertion: I think the basic premise is wrong. While plenty of people regret that he is President, I think hardly anyone who voted for him regrets it at all. I don't know a lot of Trump voters, but those I do know are pretty happy with him. Their disappointments, if any, are more on the theme of "I want him to be as aggressive as he was in the campaign."
    Last edited by Master Po; 07-04-2017 at 05:05 PM.

3. Collapse Details

For me, it keeps coming back to SIXTY MILLION Americans (admittedly a voting minority) being fundamentally disgusted with the status quo. We can't complain about Trump till we address THEIR concerns, regardless of whether Trump actually does.

4. Collapse Details

The swing voters that made a mistake aren't the problem. It's the people that voted for Trump just because he had an "R" next to his name.

This nightmare could end relatively quickly if congress does their job and removes the man from office, but they are keeping him around because he will approve the tax cuts that they want for their friends.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    For me, it keeps coming back to SIXTY MILLION Americans (admittedly a voting minority) being fundamentally disgusted with the status quo. We can't complain about Trump till we address THEIR concerns, regardless of whether Trump actually does.
    Their concerns are our concerns...they've been lied to.
    When loved ones die because of the sub-human GOP healthcare plan they will see.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Merner521 View Post
    The swing voters that made a mistake aren't the problem. It's the people that voted for Trump just because he had an "R" next to his name.

This nightmare could end relatively quickly if congress does their job and removes the man from office, but they are keeping him around because he will approve the tax cuts that they want for their friends.
    If Trump were removed from office, he'd be replaced with Pence, who would approve the same tax cuts with fewer things to distract him.

That's why I'm yet to be convinced that removing Trump would be a good thing, precisely because he's totally unfit to be president. A competent Republican, like Pence, would do most of the same bad things, just more efficiently. Also, while Trump's antics haven't cost him that much support in the US, he's making both himself and the Republicans look silly internationally.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    Also, while Trump's antics haven't cost him that much support in the US, he's making both himself and the Republicans look silly internationally.
    There's a whole-lotta 'distancing' going on inside the Beltway right now. The Mika insults and the wrasslin video have made it more evident that dementia is right around the corner.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    To your thread's title assertion: I think the basic premise is wrong. While plenty of people regret that he is President, I think hardly anyone who voted for him regrets it at all. I don't know a lot of Trump voters, but those I do know are pretty happy with him.
    You are absolutely right on this. Only 2% of them regret voting for him, and 96% say it was the right thing to do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/page/...EeeSjjYkU5Bg6A

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TN1965 View Post
    You are absolutely right on this. Only 2% of them regret voting for him, and 96% say it was the right thing to do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/page/...EeeSjjYkU5Bg6A
    It is quite difficult for some to confess that they're wrong. W had strong republican support until the miserable end. Years from now many will simply deny they voted for this hideous man.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee
    It is quite difficult for some to confess that they're wrong.
    I have a number of friends, intelligent and educated that worship the ground Trump walks on. Totally incomprehensible to me.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley