Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    LJer Mikese Morse arrested for premeditated murder (vehicular)
    Stunned to hear about this yesterday since the family is known to me. Even more stunned to wake up and find out who likely committed this absolutely horrible crime.

Nothing like going out for a bike ride with your two boys and having someone deliberately drive up on to the bike path to run you down for no particular reason. Sad story.

Morse competed in the 2016 OTs and, I think either '08 and/or '12 OTs as well. Attended HS locally and competed for USF.

A driver made a U-turn, crossed a lane of traffic and a grassy easement then sped up and deliberately slammed into a father and his two young sons as they rode down a bike path, killing the father and the injuring the two sons, Tampa police said.

"What type of person would purposely run over a family that was just bicycling down a bike path?" Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan said at a Monday news conference. "The suspect accelerated and intentionally ran over the victim."

Mikese Morse, 30, fled the scene of the mid-day Sunday collision and was arrested later on charges including premeditated first-degree murder and leaving the scene of a crash with death. He was held without bail at the Hillsborough County Jail.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-say_169452923

2. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Not an uncommon type of murder; random, mindless and brutal. In so many of these the unspoken and causative factor of mind altering drugs is never mentioned.

Mental illness, from my quick back of the envelop tally, is 50% of the time due to excessive recreational drug use early in life that eventually permanently alters human brain function.

Im not a psychiatrist, but I did sleep at a holiday inn express last night !

3. Collapse Details

I put this in the wrong forum. I thought I was putting it on the nonT&F board but I apparently missed. So if it should be moved let it be so.

An update on the story has Morse posting threatening to kill message on Instagram as late as an hour before he did so although his message was non specific as to who or how.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    I put this in the wrong forum. I thought I was putting it on the nonT&F board but I apparently missed. So if it should be moved let it be so.

An update on the story has Morse posting threatening to kill message on Instagram as late as an hour before he did so although his message was non specific as to who or how.
    Horrible.

I can't imagine how that family recovers.

Either family.
    Last edited by booond; 06-25-2018 at 11:46 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Turns out he was Baker Acted on June 12th. Essentially Florida's involuntary mental health detention for up to 72 hours.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Turns out he was Baker Acted on June 12th. Essentially Florida's involuntary mental health detention for up to 72 hours.
    Makes perfect sense, 72 hours is plenty of time to transform a homicidal maniac into a careing productive member of society.

8. Collapse Details

Morse was found incompetent to stand trial.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...in-murder-case

9. Collapse Details

Im going to wonder out loud whether the perp was an avid user of recreational drugs early and often right into his 20s.