Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    2018 USATF Media
    I noticed the meet broadcast times are listed as CST on the USATF site
    Is that really Central Standard Time and not the Local Central Daylight Saving Time?

Last week NBCSN had an afternoon live listing for Thursday and Friday now I only see a tape delay late Friday evening.
    bummer

WE all know the race for the bubble makes the prelims a great watch but TV still does not get it. There is no need to follow the first place finisher walking away from the line while the action continues AT THE LINE.
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wineturtle View Post
    I noticed the meet broadcast times are listed as CST on the USATF site
    Is that really Central Standard Time and not the Local Central Daylight Saving Time?
    Des Moines is on Daylight Savings Time. It is remarkable how many people make no attempt at accuracy when using the abbreviations like CST/CDT.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wineturtle View Post
    Last week NBCSN had an afternoon live listing for Thursday and Friday now I only see a tape delay late Friday evening.
    bummer
    When I use this link https://www.nbcsports.com/live?ls=nav and filter on track and field, in addition to the NBCSN tape delay on Friday, I see a 6pm CDT entry on Friday on the Olympic Channel.

4. Collapse Details

Looks like NBC Sports Gold has one track feed and a single field feed.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by donley2 View Post
    When I use this link https://www.nbcsports.com/live?ls=nav and filter on track and field, in addition to the NBCSN tape delay on Friday, I see a 6pm CDT entry on Friday on the Olympic Channel.
    That appears to be correct. Gold channel only today. Olympic channel live tomorrow. Delay on NBCSN tomorrow and NBC Sat and Sun.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    Des Moines is on Daylight Savings Time. It is remarkable how many people make no attempt at accuracy when using the abbreviations like CST/CDT.
    The Federal law that codified Daylight Savings Time provided:

>> During the period commencing at 2 o'clock antemeridian on the last Sunday of April of each year and ending at 2 o'clock antemeridian on the last Sunday of October of each year, the standard time of each zone established by the Act of March 19, 1918 (15 U.S.C. 261-264), as modified by the Act of March 4, 1921 (15 U.S.C. 265), shall be advanced one hour and such time as so advanced shall for the purposes of such Act of March 19,1918, as so modified, be the standard time of such zone during such period;<<

Subsequent legislation has changed the date when daylight time starts and ends, but the legal status remains as per the above Act. Strictly speaking, during the relevant weeks of the year, standard time is advanced by one hour and that time becomes the "standard time" of the zone.

It is therefore technically not wrong to refer to the time in Des Moines right now as Central Standard Time.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post

>> During the period commencing at 2 o'clock antemeridian on the last Sunday of April of each year and ending at 2 o'clock antemeridian on the last Sunday of October of each year, the standard time of each zone established by the Act of March 19, 1918 (15 U.S.C. 261-264), as modified by the Act of March 4, 1921 (15 U.S.C. 265), shall be advanced one hour and such time as so advanced shall for the purposes of such Act of March 19,1918, as so modified, be the standard time of such zone during such period;<<

Subsequent legislation has changed the date when daylight time starts and ends, but the legal status remains as per the above Act. Strictly speaking, during the relevant weeks of the year, standard time is advanced by one hour and that time becomes the "standard time" of the zone.

It is therefore technically not wrong to refer to the time in Des Moines right now as Central Standard Time.
    I'll be sure to look up info on whether my destination is following the regulations prior to traveling in the future.

8. Collapse Details

The male talking head on the NBC Gold webcast is absolutely the worst and most infuriating analyst in my experience in watching the sport since the 1950s. He cannot wait for a race to be finished to announce a winner, even though he blows finish after finish; he calls the wrong winner; the call a 4-yard win a close call; blah blah blah. How does a know-nothing like this guy get this gig? What is his name?

9. Collapse Details

This guy CANNOT pick a winner AFTER a race, let alone beforehand! Truly astonishing.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post

Save the Ss&Ds plan
    AT
    HT
    PT
    MT
    CT
    ET

:-)
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"