Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by highjumpfan View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Two years ago, Michael Norman and Lyles were about dead even over 200 (4th and 5th at USOT). Since then, obviously both have gotten significantly faster. I would be very curious to see them face off now. That would be race worth paying to see.
    I would like to see them race over 300 as opposed to 200m

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    IMO Lyles won't be tested in the 200 this year.
    If Norman runs the 200m at Nationals, as he suggested was a possibility....Best believe Lyles will be tested...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Why? In terms of what counts a 300m means absolutely zero.
    Bring on the 200m
    Last edited by Tuariki; 06-11-2018 at 05:54 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Hughes stated his focus has moved away from the 200 today. He has also (as yet) only accepted invitation to run 100 at GB Trials, so I am not sure we'll see this 200 match up. Says he expects to run sub 9.80 this summer.

5. Collapse Details

again, why? take a chance on injury with the 2 best runners in the world to prove nothing? or do you like making T & F a circus?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    If Norman runs the 200m at Nationals, as he suggested was a possibility....Best believe Lyles will be tested...
    http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calend...f-Entries.aspx

Norman is entered in the 200m at Nationals.

Lyles the favorite, but may need to duplicate that time if he wants to win Nats.

Have no idea what weather conditions/quality of the track are like in Des Moines though....

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calend...f-Entries.aspx

Norman is entered in the 200m at Nationals.

Lyles the favorite, but may need to duplicate that time if he wants to win Nats.

Have no idea what weather conditions/quality of the track are like in Des Moines though....
    Des Moines is more than adequate for fast times. Brianna McNeal ran 12.26 there. Lyles seemed to indicate on twitter he was running 100 only at USATF.

8. Collapse Details

According to Iaaf, Norman is also running lausanne against lyles and Coleman

9. Collapse Details

Sorry for ever being interested in a 300m race between (arguably) the top 400 and 200 runners this year. Yes the 200m would would be great as they are maybe pretty even there based on their basic times this year.

But Lyles is the indoor record holder and I'm curious to see what Noramn would do along side him. People get excited for WVN or Bolt over 300m, or Rudisha over 600m, even the 150m street races, so don't see how a random one off 300 would be a circus or would be more of an injury risk than the races they already run??

10. Collapse Details

Sorry for ever being interested in a 300m race between (arguably) the top 400 and 200 runners this year. Yes the 200m would would be great as they are maybe pretty even there based on their basic times this year.

But Lyles is the indoor record holder and I'm curious to see what Noramn would do along side him. People get excited for WVN or Bolt over 300m, or Rudisha over 600m, even the 150m street races, so don't see how a random one off 300 would be a circus or would be more of an injury risk than the races they already run??
    It wouldn't be more of a risk but it would serve no purpose since the event is rarely contested, not recognized in OG, etc and cannot be used for any meaningful comparison pointing towards upcoming championships...