Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Shanghai DL

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Could have been an incredible finish in W SC if Jeruto had not slipped and fallen after going over the last hurdle.

In M 5000, Paul Chelimo almost added to his disqualifications by boring out and giving an elbow to Birhanu Balew in trying (unsuccessfully) to hold him off. World champion Muktar Edris didn't have his furious finish this time. Stanley Waithaka, 3rd in 13:10.14, is just 18 according to his DOB on tilastopaja.
    Gotta get some sleep now!
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

The ad-free stream on NBC Gold was quite focused on field events, cutting away from the 5000 and SC before even a lap was completed, and doing so multiple times. The 5000 was a pretty good race, I think, but it was butchered so badly you couldn't really get an idea of the flow of the race. More feedback necessary to NBC!

2. Collapse Details

China won the Men's 4x100m in 38.86.

The results webpage doesn't show the lineup!

Does anyone has it?

Thanks in advance!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by upchuckserious View Post
    ALTIS is useless, no? Such a big media presence and coach Stuart McMallian is always talking (and writing). But what do they have to show for themselves? De Grasse is still underperforming; UJah seems stuck at a middling level and now, even Fred Kerley, so brilliant this time last season, looks to have lost all his magic. He faded badly in the last 100m of his race today despite running a relatively slow first 300.

De Grasse should go to a different program. ALTIS is not cutting it.
    Maybe. Other athletes: Britain’s Jodie Williams - nothing to show. Nia Ali recently joined the crop to be with De Grasse. Let’s see how that goes for her.

4. Collapse Details

ALTIS is useless, no? Such a big media presence and coach Stuart McMallian is always talking (and writing). But what do they have to show for themselves? De Grasse is still underperforming; UJah seems stuck at a middling level and now, even Fred Kerley, so brilliant this time last season, looks to have lost all his magic. He faded badly in the last 100m of his race today despite running a relatively slow first 300.

Pretty sure DeGrasse is getting over injury, right?
    Kerley is just beginning his season....last year he was in the NCAA and had to be in good racing shape January onwards....not sure if you're trolling or just unaware of how the schedule works in this sport...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by americantrackfan View Post
    Pretty sure DeGrasse is getting over injury, right?
    Kerley is just beginning his season....last year he was in the NCAA and had to be in good racing shape January onwards....not sure if you're trolling or just unaware of how the schedule works in this sport...
    I'm most certainly not trolling. Maybe you are. Even if he isn't in peak form yet, there is no reason to expect him not to challenge Gardner and Makwala more than he did, period.

As for De Grasse, I remember after he won a 200m last year in 20 something an unimpressed commentator said: "I'm still waiting to see more from De Grasse really." Even before the his injury we've watched him and not seen the next great speedster.

6. Collapse Details

Former Resident Geek

I had a similar discussion with a T&F insider earlier this week about McMillian. I don't see a reason to be impressed yet. Coaches mature and develop just like athletes and some good ones regress. It is a non-champs season for most of the world, the easiest to get right. So let's see how it goes.

7. Collapse Details

Sorry but I dont see a single reason why Degrasse is that overhyped ...there are plenty of athletes who did and are doing better than Him ...For example Steven gardiner , christian coleman even SU at the moment ..I dont see anything remarkable or impressive he has done soo far other than hang in the there for a silver or bronze ! Is it because he is from canada ?

8. Collapse Details

Kerley ran 44.7 for his season opener in his first season as a Pro. He actually might be ahead of where he was last year where he ran 44.60 coming off the NCAA indoor season where he was already rolling.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by benjastar123 View Post
    Sorry but I dont see a single reason why Degrasse is that overhyped ...there are plenty of athletes who did and are doing better than Him ...For example Steven gardiner , christian coleman even SU at the moment ..I dont see anything remarkable or impressive he has done soo far other than hang in the there for a silver or bronze ! Is it because he is from canada ?
    What does being from Canada have to do with anything? DeGrasse is a runner, not a hockey player or a beaver.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    Lavillenie wins the pole vault in 5.81m. Lisek clears the same height. Bizarre day at the office for Kendricks.
    They’d have had a hell of a time at certain HS state meets.