Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

USATF may have jumped the gun. Lady behind the last lawsuit said they were open to settling with Mt. SAC as the City of Walnut did. She also said USATF never contacted her or her attorney.

My latest update:
    https://timesofsandiego.com/sports/2...-last-lawsuit/

K E N

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    I was kinda goofing about Chicago...but surely there are other venues besides Eugene.
    Here we go! :-)

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    Time for gh or someone to bump one of the many threads we've had discussing/debating this. In essence, 1. Need a venue that will seat 20,000 (?) and 2. Need a local group of pushers and movers to make it happen, from "hey, let's bid for the OT" thru "it's a wrap, what an awesome meet THAT was!"
    Attendance in other places like Indianapolis and especially New Orleans was if I remember not that great...I went to both....in NO it was easy to get super seats at half price...and that was in an era when track was a lot more popular.

4. Collapse Details

Sacramento has the facilities, and usually the weather is acceptable.

Drake we know about.

New Orleans, for a reunion from the '92 Smokin' Hot Steambath? Tad Bit Warmly is still standing, with the practice track across the street in the park.

Columbia is intriguing if only because of the location. Seats 17K, but no warm-up track.

Eastern Michigan certainly has the seating at 30K, but their school has money problems IIRC. No warm-up track.

Wichita, anyone? 24K seats, no warm-up track.

Boone, NC? Appalachian State has 30K seats in a beautiful setting. No idea of the throws area, but hey... Probably no way to get an LOC up and running.

Texas wouldn't work because there is no warm-up track.

Jacksonville (UNF) has the facilities, but it's also where Atticus lives, and only 10K seats, so that's out.

Indy is certainly out of the picture.
    Philadelphia? Nope. Not with that funky lane set-up.
    North Carolina A&T has the stadium, but no warm-up track.

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    Time for gh or someone to bump one of the many threads we've had discussing/debating this. In essence, 1. Need a venue that will seat 20,000 (?) and 2. Need a local group of pushers and movers to make it happen, from "hey, let's bid for the OT" thru "it's a wrap, what an awesome meet THAT was!"
    Yes lots of those posts that people babble about places that could physically have it.....which is by far the the easiest part....

6. Collapse Details

Is Sacramento the only venue in he US with a warm-up track?

7. Collapse Details

Ok. Eugene hosts a lot of meets. They are well attended. They are well run. It is a two hour drive from my house. What is the problem?

8. Collapse Details

We need four additional state of the art stadiums(Southwest, Midwest, East and South...maybe attracted to great universities) and forever rotate our NC and OT.

OK, slam another of my dreams ��

9. Collapse Details

Paging @AyZiggy

Dayton's Welcome Stadium. Throw up some temporary stands, and it's a perfect set-up. Full warm-up track across the parking lot, dedicated throws area available, what's not to love?

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I'm no conspiracy theorist, and the USATF release today was the first I'd heard of this whole thing. So, too, did it seem to catch other stakeholders by surprise.

But my gut reaction is, "the fix must be in for them to do a shock announcement and a short period in which to formulate a bid."

No I have no idea (or even guesses) on who might be fixing what, but this apparent rush to judgment just doesn't smell quite right.