Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 692
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, CO
    Posts
    7,567
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post
    I nearly died laughing when I heard the C of C rep on TV spouting the same nonsense. Perhaps she assumed that we would have a 1000 mile subway system and a massive rail network in the next few years? No one in their right mind would stay in Portland. Between driving and finding parking that could involve a daily 5 hour commute
    Just caught up on these posts. That's lunacy. I had friends (non-track fans) who attended the Barcelona Olympics. Their accommodations were way the hell away from the venues. It was planes, trains, and automobiles morning and evening for them for 10 days or more. They'd have to get up at about 6am, travel, spectate till 9pm or 10pm, then reverse it, get to bed at like 1:00am, then get up and do it all over again. I'd rather sleep in a sleeping bag in Hendricks Park for 10 days than commute from an hour or more away.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Posts
    11,147
    Sorry but it's illegal to camp in Hendricks Park....

    Accommodation for the World Championships is going to be something....there really isn't that much...
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,585
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    Just caught up on these posts. That's lunacy. I had friends (non-track fans) who attended the Barcelona Olympics. Their accommodations were way the hell away from the venues. It was planes, trains, and automobiles morning and evening for them for 10 days or more. They'd have to get up at about 6am, travel, spectate till 9pm or 10pm, then reverse it, get to bed at like 1:00am, then get up and do it all over again......
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Olympic tourism. T&FN tour in Barcelona stayed about 60M out of town. We'd indeed get home around midnight, head over to McDonalds for a late supper (gazpacho in a paper milk carton and a cerveza!).
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Posts
    11,147
    60 miles from Eugene wouldn't be that bad...but there isn't that much within that radius...

    And the smaller roads have occasional delays...

    Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-25-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Olympic tourism. T&FN tour in Barcelona stayed about 60M out of town. We'd indeed get home around midnight, head over to McDonalds for a late supper (gazpacho in a paper milk carton and a cerveza!).
    but most T&FN tours aren't like that, are they?
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,585
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    but most T&FN tours aren't like that, are they?
    WC tours no, but the Olympics are a different matter. in Munich I stayed near the Austrian border, a good hour out of Munich. Many people had long commutes in both LA and Atlanta. Sydney was close to an hour away.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Posts
    11,147
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Make your RV park reservations now!
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, CO
    Posts
    7,567
    Conor, tried to private message you but you inbox is full.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Posts
    11,147
    Really....

    Anyways just send an email... c.truedson at gmail dot com
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •