Facts, Not Fiction

Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

If they sell sections of bleacher seating as souvenirs, I'll buy one. Or sections of track like they did with the London 2012 track when they installed a new one for the 2017 WC.

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    The current Hayward track is new enough that it should be considered for repurposing at some other venue, even as a gift.

3. Collapse Details

My kids' HS track is deteriorating. Highest all-weather track in the country. My son sent a letter to someone at NIKE in charge of PR or outreach or such, asking if they would consider helping fund a new one. No go, but I'll suggest this to him and he'll write another one. Seriously. To whom should he send it? Vin? Phil? Who's in charge of the project?

4. Collapse Details

Can they really pick up and relocate a track, in sections, or in rolls depending on the material?

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    I presume it comes in rolls...

I suspect there is no plan to keep the existing surface....not heard anything about what they plan to do with it....you maybe be able to buy it cheap.

The high altitude you are at must be brutal on a track....I know that was a problem at Boulder.

6. Collapse Details

I take it back after watching some videos on installing...some are poured and some are rolled but with an adhesive that reminds me of plastering....it doesn't look easy at all to take out and put somewhere else.

7. Collapse Details

I've occasionally done something like 4x400 with a two minute recovery at the HS. Doing them in 90 seconds has gotten really hard.

8. Collapse Details

I think all Beynon track installations are poured in place, rather than in rolls.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    I've occasionally done something like 4x400 with a two minute recovery at the HS. Doing them in 90 seconds has gotten really hard.
    Indeed....but was thinking of the UV rays on the surface that hasten the track wearing out.

10. Collapse Details

Oh thatís funny! WellÖ.That too! Another problem with our track is, from what Iíve heard from the track coach and the AD, that they didnít do the proper foundation or sub-track work before laying this one 15 or 18 years ago. Itís settling in some places where you really have to watch your footing a bit. The surface is cracking and that might be the UV you speak of.