Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Note he's 18 so would charged as an adult.

2. Collapse Details

This makes me really sad.

3. Collapse Details

Horrible news. I hope he can come back from all of this, but it will be difficult to say the least.

4. Collapse Details

Depressing. Also odd that people on milesplit objected to posting the news item. They'd be wanting to know what happened if Cooper had disappeared from competitions without explanation...

5. Collapse Details

This situation exemplifies for me why the US is so fíd up in the way it handles such situations.

In NZ the kid would be arrested as well and immediately appear in court. But, he would then be remanded on bail on his own recognisance to reappear for trial at a later date.

He would never be locked up in jail for this sort of thing. Social services would move in immediately to start working with kid and his family - if he had one.

But to lock him up? and so he now joins the freshman class of Crime University which more often than not eventually turns kids like him out as a full crime equipped graduate until he becomes one day a lecturer at Crime University

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Damn! Does anyone here know who's raising him?
    You know it ainít his high school coach who just exploits him as a points scoring machine

7. Collapse Details

Does anyone here know his family situation? Maybe it explains his suicidal race schedule.

8. Collapse Details

Doesnít deserve its own thread. It should be merged with the other thread and hopefully this will turn out to be a temporary sad blight on what could be an exciting and successful future. But only if the powers that be move in a help the kid.

But this is not an Oscar Pistorius sort of thing that should be high lighted separately. Heís not that high a profile athlete, and while he may have done wrong, his alleged crime his pretty minuscule in the overall scheme of things.

9. Collapse Details

Just amazes me. Could be one of the all-time greats if he stays healthy and trains and races smart (not happening so far). Let's see....college education: free. Trips to places like Zurich, Paris, Berlin, Tokyo, Rome, London (albeit working trips). Sponsorships, contacts, and contracts. A whole world at your feet. I guess some kids just don't see that, it's not been on their radar. But that's part of the job of the coach for a kid like this. Mostly the job of the parents, but I know nothing about Cooper's background.

10. Collapse Details

I received the same milesplit email. I know it qualifies as track related news but thought they'd not try to "break the story."