Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Run and Jump View Post
    What communique? I got nothing via e-mail.....
    Get anything yet? Are there other e-version subscribers out there who haven't received an e-mail?

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    I am only subscribed to a print version. Is my subscription going to be switched to electronic automatically or is there a drill I need to do?
    There's a letter in snail-mail to those who have print-only subscriptions explaining how to convert it to the e-version.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    There's a letter in snail-mail to those who have print-only subscriptions explaining how to convert it to the e-version.
    Thanks. Needless to say, I'll miss it. That was my bedtime reading for decades.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

4. Collapse Details

Get anything yet? Are there other e-version subscribers out there who haven't received an e-mail?
    Arrived in my inbox at 4:50pm PST

5. Collapse Details

Well everyone, you can still PRINT the e version at home but it will be a bit bulky due to no double sided pages. I'll at least try that for a while. Plus I am a computer novice... I suppose it is duck soup to "save" all issues on your computer ?

6. Collapse Details

For some odd reason I have always renewed my subscription annually, despite knowing that I would be a subscriber forever. With the new rates in place, I realize 2017 was the year I should have gone for the 3-year renewal.

Oh well. I'm thankful for all that T&FN has meant to me over the years and I'll be happy to pay more to help keep it going. That said, I worry that the new price might result in a reduction in the number of knowledgeable track fans, which is never good for the sport.

7. Collapse Details

I believe with most printer/copiers, you can convert on-sided pages into a two-sided document.

And yes, it should be easy to save all issues on your computer.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dukehjsteve View Post
    I suppose it is duck soup to "save" all issues on your computer ?
    Yes very easy, and quite useful too. With the exception of some feature stories, a lot of it is searchable.

9. Collapse Details

My print edition came today but no e-mail notice yet. T&Fnews processed my creditcard renewal for print and email of $48.95 on Jan 4, 2018.

Will T&Fnews automatically correct that charge to reflect the e-mail only price?
    Last edited by wineturtle; 01-17-2018 at 01:46 AM.
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"

10. Collapse Details

Received nothing via email as well.

I switched over to the e-version maybe just under 2 years ago and, maybe I'm alone, but I couldn't imagine going back to print. The ability to quickly pull up the magazine on my phone to look something up from an old issue has been golden. I've only been subscribed since 2009, but collecting the magazines became a slight struggle.

Granted, the feel of a magazine is irreplaceable as is the excitement I got when I saw it in the mail.