Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Larry Nassar

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    More charges filed against Strampel.

I hope Geddert ends up in jail soon too, the amount of physical and emotional abuse he personally inflicted on his girls is unreal.

2. Collapse Details

A few months ago, the chief law dude at MSU retired in the midst of the Nassar investigations. Now his acting replacement has resigned--it has been alleged that she knew about bad stuff there years ago and didn't do enough to stop it.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...sitys_act.html

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile....I find this stunning......and 332 victims..

EAST LANSING, Mich. — Michigan State University says it has reached $500 million settlement with women and girls assaulted by sports doctor Larry Nassar.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncn...mpression=true
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-16-2018 at 05:13 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Others have pointed out that USA Gymnastis and the USOC are next.

Perhaps MSU could try to auction off the athletic department assets as a way to reimburse the University and perhaps not burden the university students and taxpayers of Michigan.

This seems a very good reason to end the athletic program at MSU and it should have been a good reason to end it at Penn State.

5. Collapse Details

How do you divvy up $500M among ( how many?) women?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    How do you divvy up $500M among ( how many?) women?
    I read that there are about 330 women who are currently on record as having been molested. That is $425m worth of the settlement. They also set aside $75m for later reporting cases.

I just noticed someone above said the number is 332.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I read that there are about 330 women who are currently on record as having been molested. That is $425m worth of the settlement. They also set aside $75m for later reporting cases.

I just noticed someone above said the number is 332.

Please remember that the women will not get the $425M, with $75M held in abeyance. The lawyers will first take 1/3rd (or more) off the top and the women will probably get (in total) about $300-350M

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Please remember that the women will not get the $425M, with $75M held in abeyance. The lawyers will first take 1/3rd (or more) off the top and the women will probably get (in total) about $300-350M
    Of course, no lawyers, no settlement.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Assuming an equal distribution of $425m, that's $1.28m per instance (332). With an assumed 2/3 going to athletes, that is an average of $840k each.

I'm not sure how that compares to other circumstances of sexual assault in the USA but I'd assume there are many treated much worse who will never get a dollar because of the poverty of their rapist or his employer.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    Assuming an equal distribution of $425m, that's $1.28m per instance (332).
    You're assuming that there was only one instance per woman. That may not be the case. And if it isn't the case, your assumption of equal distribution may not be the way it happens.