Facts, Not Fiction

 

Thread: Larry Nassar

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 253
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    60,938
    former Michigan State dean gets year in prison

    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/athl...s1odmtmbissocr
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,515
    Simone Biles rips in to USA Gymnastics after podium training today: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/st...-t-protect-us/
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Another USA Gymnastics official has resigned:

    https://www.dailybreeze.com/2019/08/...investigation/
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    Now we are seeing a similar scandal in equestrian coaching.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/08/s...ge-morris.html
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    It's not just the US where this shit happens. Here's a story about a British club track coach who has finally been jailed for abusing girls back in the 1970s and 80s. (I guess there's no Statute of Limitations for such crimes in the UK.)

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-teenage-girls
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    It's not just the US where this shit happens. Here's a story about a British club track coach who has finally been jailed for abusing girls back in the 1970s and 80s. (I guess there's no Statute of Limitations for such crimes in the UK.)

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-teenage-girls
    This seems to be his sporting profile as the only "very well-known young athlete" named Phil Banning that matches the age range/location(Andover).

    But note that Power of 10 no longer seems to publish DOB for surety. I'm sure somebody will be able to confirm identity or otherwise:

    https://www.thepowerof10.info/athlet...athleteid=1863
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    This seems to be his sporting profile as the only "very well-known young athlete" named Phil Banning that matches the age range/location(Andover).

    But note that Power of 10 no longer seems to publish DOB for surety. I'm sure somebody will be able to confirm identity or otherwise:

    https://www.thepowerof10.info/athlet...athleteid=1863
    That would be the same Phil Banning. I think he held the UK indoor 1500m record for a few years (possibly 1975-1983). In the early 80s he was the coach of a squad of teenage girl runners from Andover who won many team victories at national and regional level at cross-country and road running. I think most of them vanished off the running scene after about 16 and now I think I know why....

    I think he went on to be national coach for Welsh Athletics. I think I may have actually met him at some stage when I went to a European or World Juniors.

    Update - I think sometime during the '90s he was the middle-distance coach for the British Under 20 team.
    Last edited by Trickstat; 08-13-2019 at 07:53 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    I think he went on to be national coach for Welsh Athletics.
    Correct.

    https://www.athleticsweekly.com/athl...es-1039924260/
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    Michigan State will pay a $4.5 million fine for its poor handling of the Nasser case.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mi...cid=spartanntp
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Posts
    10,902
    Meanwhile at the MIT Lab life is not so rosey...

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/08/o....co/jc5IOrx4YR
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •