Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    I have no problem with transgender rights when it comes to being officially regarded in general society in the new gender, marrying in that gender etc. However, I am concerned of the likely implications when these are extended without question to competitive sports where being genetically male is considered to be clearly advantageous.
    Tatyana McFaden and Manuela Schar should not be allowed to compete with Mary Keitany and Tirnesh Dibaba even if they wanted to. And that has nothing to do with their human rights as disabled persons. They compete against each other in their own category, although there is far less money there.

2. Collapse Details
    Outrageous attempt by Austrlia to ban dead cert NZ Gold medal winner at CGs
    The Headline - Australian weightlifting CEO wants Kiwi transgender lifter Laurel Hubbard banned from Commonwealth Games

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=12001241

I totally agree and totally support the call by the Australians. Hubbard is not a woman!!! And never will be a woman!!!

The Commonwealth Games has two gender classifications - men and women. Not men, and anyone who isn't or doesn't want to be a man (because they aren't good enough to compete as a man).

Chopping your nuts off and taking a lifetime of drugs does not and will never make someone a woman.

You can get banned for life if you are caught taking performance enhancing drugs. The whole hypocrisy surrounding Hubbard is that he (she if that makes you happy) must take a daily regime of drugs to meet some artificial testosterone level which the idiots who run international sport then claim makes Hubbard the equivalent of a woman.

Bull f'ing crap.

Hubbard was born with 3 dangly things. These dangly things make you a male - chopping the danglies off when you are 35 does not make you a female. It just makes you a ball-less male.

And by the way, I am totally in support of transgender being recognised as transgender.

I am totally in support of doing what society can do to make their lives fairer anmd better (eg transgender toilets a la Auckland Grammar). But I will never be in favour of allowing transgender male to female transitioning to compete as women.

And now, according to the IOC, you don't even need to chop off your danglies. Just take the drugs and keep your danglies. And you too can compete as a woman.

Damn!! that's an idea for me in my endeavours for Masters Athletics. Get on these drugs for a few months - get my testosterone levels down to the accepted level - at my age the levels appear to be depressingly low any way, so shouldn't have too far to go. I get to kept my danglies, without having to do the David Cunliffe apology for being a man, because Bob's your uncle (oops sorry make that, Bob's your aunty).

And world champs W66 (women's 66 year group) here I come and I can already beat their world records in several events.

3. Collapse Details

Take away the last two paragraphs from above (as I could not even compete as a woman) and I am 100% in agreement with the above.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Indeed, for some reason we are regressing to the point that an XY male can not only convince themselves that they are a female but they can somehow convince rational people that they should compete with XX females in a sporting event. Strange times.
    Last edited by user4; 02-24-2018 at 07:40 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    You got that right Conor. It was reported that Liam Malone who won gold in Rio para sprinting has quit at the age of 24 because he was unhappy that the sports regulators were going to try and standardise their running blades. As I understand it, he wanted to retain the right to be able to develop better blades that would give him an advantage over other para athletes.

And this is why they should never be allowed to compete in regular competition.
    I got roasted by many tweeters back in 2012 because I said that about Oscar Pistorius and no way he should be allowed to compete with able-bodied athletes. I guarantee you that, even if they provide no advantage now (and they may), eventually they will be able to develop prosthetics that will provide an advantage.

6. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    I got roasted by many tweeters back in 2012 because I said that about Oscar Pistorius and no way he should be allowed to compete with able-bodied athletes.
    That is crazy, they treated you as if you were trying to keep a cold blooded murderer from competing!
    Last edited by user4; 02-24-2018 at 08:53 PM.

7. Collapse Details

My admittedly fallible memory does not recall anyone on this board advocating in favor of allowing Pistorius to compete on blades in the Olympics. The possibility of advantage seems undeniable.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    My admittedly fallible memory does not recall anyone on this board advocating in favor of allowing Pistorius to compete on blades in the Olympics. The possibility of advantage seems undeniable.
    Some posters here defended Pistorius' "rights" tooth-and-nail.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    Some posters here defended Pistorius' "rights" tooth-and-nail.
    Hmmm?? I must have ignored them.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    I got roasted by many tweeters back in 2012 because I said that about Oscar Pistorius and no way he should be allowed to compete with able-bodied athletes. I guarantee you that, even if they provide no advantage now (and they may), eventually they will be able to develop prosthetics that will provide an advantage.
    Hello Bambam.
    Just got back from Auckland Masters Championships. HJ, hammer, shot and javelin. The leg muscles from the top inner thigh, to the knees, the calves, ankles and to those on the top of my foot are suffering big time. I need some new legs. You need to come out of the comfort zone of your retirement and be lead in getting me some of those prosthetics which just, as they say, equalises everything. Light weight carbon fibre prosthetics is the way to go. Better for high jump as their carbon fibre spring never gives out and weighs 15kg or so less than real legs; they never suffer muscle injuries; they never get tired etc etc