Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 165
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    I copied and pasted a link to the IAAF site and then copied and pasted information from there which reads :

    NCAA Division II Ch., Kingsville, TX , which is where that meet took place. What link are you referring to?
    The second link in your post #123 of this thread points to a cloudfront.net page which has results of a women's Division I event.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    The second link in your post #123 of this thread points to a cloudfront.net page which has results of a women's Division I event.
    That link was given AFTER two links that showed what she DID win, which I posted to clarify your nebulous statement that she won an "NCAA title". When I saw that I went hunting to find out what NCAA "title" she'd won, and it was an NCAA II title. I then pointed out that she did not even compete at the NCAA I finals, to emphasize how mediocre her performances have been.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    That link was given AFTER two links that showed what she DID win, which I posted to clarify your nebulous statement that she won an "NCAA title". When I saw that I went hunting to find out what NCAA "title" she'd won, and it was an NCAA II title. I then pointed out that she did not even compete at the NCAA I finals, to emphasize how mediocre her performances have been.
    Athletes competing for Division II schools don't get to compete in the Division I championships, even if they're faster than everybody in Division I.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,150
    https://www.thepostmillennial.com/br...8d9qfHp3KOqcwA

    Waiting for "regular" women to start really pushing back. As this cancer spreads more and more women will become victims of transgender agenda.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    16,062
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Waiting for "regular" women to start really pushing back. As this cancer spreads more and more women will become victims of transgender agenda.
    I think people will eventually realize it's an issue, but it might need to get a lot worse before it gets better.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,102
    Simple (in my mind) solution ... Women's competition should be limited to those with XX chromosomes, and an agreed upon upper limit on t-levels.

    Those with gender dysphoria, undescended testes, or other conditions that cause them to fall outside of the above, should be treated with respect, but not be allowed to compete in the women's athletics category. In my mind, that is the approach that best honors the overwhelming percentage of women who compete in the women's category.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indian Territory
    Posts
    13,819
    bobguild76 has a logical solution.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    Simple (in my mind) solution ... Women's competition should be limited to those with XX chromosomes, and an agreed upon upper limit on t-levels.

    Those with gender dysphoria, undescended testes, or other conditions that cause them to fall outside of the above, should be treated with respect, but not be allowed to compete in the women's athletics category. In my mind, that is the approach that best honors the overwhelming percentage of women who compete in the women's category.
    How do you enforce this? Mandatory chromosome tests? At what age do you start? Some younger athletes may not even know that they have DSD. How do you disqualify them without violating their privacy?
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    16,062
    Quote Originally Posted by TN1965 View Post
    How do you enforce this? Mandatory chromosome tests? At what age do you start? Some younger athletes may not even know that they have DSD. How do you disqualify them without violating their privacy?
    Sex testing used to be mandatory for participation in international competitions until some time in the 1990s. Of course you only needed to pass the test once in your career.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Sex testing used to be mandatory for participation in international competitions until some time in the 1990s. Of course you only needed to pass the test once in your career.
    But high school or youth athletes were not tested back then. Do you want to start that now?
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •