Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    NZ gets ready to clebrate first world weightlifting camp medal - What utter crap
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11952078

This is the story of 39-year-old Gavin Hubbard, who was a national junior record-holder in the male 105kg class before transitioning into a "woman" in about 6 years ago. The world weightlifting champs start this week in Anaheim. Hubbard is ranked second in the women's 90+kg class.

This is just much bullshit. I have absolutely no problem with transgender people wanting to be known by whatever sexuality they want to be. However, Laurel Hubbard is not a biological woman and can never be one. The PC brigade claims that denying Hubbard the right to compete as a woman is discriminatory - bollocks. For a man to lop off his genitalia and take some drugs does not make you a woman. The ones who are suffering from discrimination are the billions of real women.

And how hypocritical it is that the likes of Ben Johnson get banned from sport for taking drugs but Hubbard gets to take drugs so that the "system" can support Hubbard's pretense of now being the same as a biological woman. What utter bullshit.

Caitlyn Jenner could legally compete in the W65-69 age category. Thank goodness Jenner doesn’t choose to do so because Jenner would have such a huge unfair advantage. Just like Hubbard who grew up to be a big strong man.

One day an average male weight lifter by world standards - next day "chop chop" pop a pill or two, and hey presto - a world class female weightlifter - NEVER in my books.

New Zealand should hang its head in shame for stooping to such a low standard - just to get a medal.

2. Collapse Details

I'm with Tuariki.

3. Collapse Details

Ditto.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

4. Collapse Details

Tritto...whole thing becoming ludicrous

5. Collapse Details

Amen Tuariki. I doubt that I'll ever become "enlightened" to empathize with the transgender cause in this manner.

6. Collapse Details

Many will remember Renee Richards, the man who transitioned to a woman in the 1970s and returned to high-level tennis, playing several times at the US Open. This from Ms Richards on her Wikipedia page:

Richards has since expressed ambivalence about her legacy, and came to believe her past as a man provided her with advantages over her competitors, saying “Having lived for the past 30 years, I know if I’d had surgery at the age of 22, and then at 24 went on the tour, no genetic woman in the world would have been able to come close to me. And so I’ve reconsidered my opinion.”

7. Collapse Details

Mr. Hubbard just won silver. It is reported in NZ media morning all the coaches from other countries are pissed off as their real girls got done by a ball-less bloke
    Last edited by Tuariki; 12-06-2017 at 05:47 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Kia ora Bambam. Nice to know that Richards is admitting what we all know to be true. Same argument, although different scenario / circumstances applies to women’s 800m

9. Collapse Details

It would be one thing if the weightlifter fully transitioned before starting weightlifting (or any other physically demanding sport). But Hubbard transitioned after having the benefit of muscle memory from training for several years as a man. This is ridiculous.

A few years ago, a 50-year-old who was born male (and fathered children earlier in life) was allowed to join a women's junior college basketball team mere months after the surgery. And we're supposed to believe those 50 years of natural male testosterone levels carried forward no advantage.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...llege/1744703/

10. Collapse Details

From the article referenced at the top of the page:

"The situation is further complicated because instinct suggests Hubbard be allowed to compete as a human right, but that might not seem fair to those she competes against."

Being allowed to compete in the category and level of your choosing is NOT a human right. 22 year olds don't have a right to compete in junior or masters competitions. 200-pound boxers don't have a right to compete in the lightweight division. Florida residents don't have a right to compete in a Delaware state championship. And so on.

Transgender weightlifters should be allowed to compete ... but in the male division of the sport.