Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

If CeCe Telfer's performance after transitioning is any indication, this athlete at the University of Montana is a probable contender for a women's NCAA title on the track in 2020.

Jonathan Eastwood, who ran track and cross country from 2015 to 2018 on the men's team, is now on the women's roster as June Eastwood.

Eastwood has an outdoor 1500 PB of 3:50.19 and indoor 5000 PB of 14:38.80, according to the team's web site.

2018 track & field roster, as Jonathan Eastwood: https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4426
    2019 cross country roster, as June Eastwood: https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5219

If you don't believe both are the same person, look at what is stated in the bio section at the bottom of the page.

Although the NCAA requires one year of hormone treatment for M-to-F transgender athletes, there is no specified testosterone limit.

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    That is nuts...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Eastwood has an outdoor 1500 PB of 3:50.19 and indoor 5000 PB of 14:38.80, according
    Also ran the 800 in 1:53.17 in high school.

4. Collapse Details

Story about this runner now linked in front page headline section.

5. Collapse Details

"Assigned male at birth"

This $@#& phrase.

I wish my parents would have "assigned" me about 7 more inches of height at birth, since it's that easy. Eff!!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    That is nuts...
    Has June still got them?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    If CeCe Telfer's performance after transitioning is any indication, this athlete at the University of Montana is a probable contender for a women's NCAA title on the track in 2020.
    Judging from the photos and film clips, it seems Eastwood's body has been more feminized than Telfer's. If that's the case, I expect her performance level to drop more significantly. We don't even know how much of what medication each athlete has taken.

This definitely shows how the current NCAA rule is flawed.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TN1965 View Post
    Judging from the photos and film clips, it seems Eastwood's body has been more feminized than Telfer's. If that's the case, I expect her performance level to drop more significantly. We don't even know how much of what medication each athlete has taken.
    According to the news story that was posted on the home page, she said she has lost muscle mass, endurance and is slower since taking the hormones suppressants.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    According to the news story that was posted on the home page, she said she has lost muscle mass, endurance and is slower since taking the hormones suppressants.
    I read the same, but she had 20 years body development as a he, and the body remembers at least some of that. For those who know the body better than I, what impact will the hormone suppressants have on her cardiovascular system?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    That is expected, but what will be the exact degree of Eastwood's performance degradation?

Eastwood's 1500m PB of 3:50.19 would have been the #283 performer in the men's NCAA Div 1 for 2019, according to the stats at tfrrs.org. The 14:38.80 indoor PB for 5000m would have been #248 on the men's D1 indoor list.

If Eastwood's times degrade to 4:15 and 16:00, those times would be top 15 and top 40 respectively in the women's NCAA D1.

Telfer went from being outside the top 200 in the men's 400mh in D2 to winning the NCAA women's D2 400mh a year later. Hubbard went from being outside the top 100 weightlifters as a man to world silver medalist as a woman.

It's very "interesting" how these transitions which supposedly give no advantage over women still result in such massive boosts to the athletes' rankings.